ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How I can check compatibility of phone and ANT accesories

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-05-03

PM

Hi

How I can check compatibility of SE Xperia Active or Xperia ARC S and heart sensor, and speed, cadence sensor Geonaute from Decathlon? I must install application like Endomondo who supports this accesories or I can check without it.?

Regards;)      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

You find the directory of ANT+ compatible products here:
http://www.thisisant.com/directory/

If your devices are listed here, they are certified as compatible.      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-03

PM

If not, I can test it in the shop?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 0

PM

Well, if your shop lets you install the necessary apps (ANT radio service and a display app like e.g. Endomondo) on the phone and let you play around with your gadgetery, yes.
However, you shouldn't ask the forum members but your shop holder smile      
Rank

Joined 2013-05-03

PM

But I ask for easiest way to test compatibility.wink
From what I know Endomondo unfortunely doesn't support speed and cadence sensors with ANT technology.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 0

PM

Then search Google Play store with the buzzword "ANT"; there are several apps that support speed/cadence as I remember; I just don't remember which ones. But these should be very easy to find.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

Bruce95 - 03 May 2013 05:29 AM
Hi

How I can check compatibility of SE Xperia Active or Xperia ARC S and heart sensor, and speed, cadence sensor Geonaute from Decathlon? I must install application like Endomondo who supports this accesories or I can check without it.?

Regards;)

Compatibility depends on the sensor being ANT+ and the App having support for the appropriate device profile.

There is a Geonaute combined speed and cadence sensor that is not ANT+ you should be careful to check for the ANT+ logo. It will work in IpBike but I had to add specific code for it and it can not be recommended. I believe the Geonaute separate speed and cadence and HR sensors are all OK.      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

If there anyway to know if phone supports ANT+ by software?