ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT NOT WORKING

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-01-07

PM

Hello all ,

I am trying to get the data from the the strokes from the ANT device attached to my phone via OTG cable .

But I can cycle through the rx and tx but when I try to open a new channel i am getting an error No Device Found

please help me in this.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

meghal - 07 January 2014 08:33 AM
I can cycle through the rx and tx

What do you mean by this?

Are you trying to develop your own app? Have you first tested with the ANT+ Demo or ANT+ Plugin Sampler apps? You will need to install the ANT Radio Service, ANT+ Plugins and the ANT USB Service as per the instructions here: http://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones/      
Rank

Joined 2014-01-07

PM

I have an app that the ANT provides for the demo
In that there are 3 buttons
1 on/off
2 Rx / tx
3 Open new channel

so I can press all the buttons [as i was not able to sometimes ago]
but I am getting the error device not found

I am having both the apps necessary from Google Play.
and also an OTG cable connected to the device with receiver.

but still I cant the result displayed on my listView of Android.      
Rank

Joined 2014-01-07

PM

I need to know that what are the necessary things that I will need to develop an ANT app in Eclipse for Android.
I have downloaded the ANT SDK and got the code from there for the Sample_AcquireChannels .

do I need to have any other addons or plugins installed in the eclipse to run this ?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

You do not need any other addons or plugins for ADT.

To see the Acquire Channels sample in action you require 2 phones.

The Acquire Channels sample provided in the Android ANT SDK (there is a prebuilt .apk and source) is described in the 'Creating ANT Android Applications' document you will also find in the SDK. In this app: "Opening an Rx channel on one device will find and receive data from the matching channel opened as a Tx channel on another device. This is the most basic communication, where a master channel broadcasts data and any slave channel connected receives that data". If you open an Rx channel without another device (phone) transmitting from a matching Tx channel, a connection can't be made so it will give up, close the channel and show "!:No Device Found".      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-20

PM

I am working on the app that the ANT provides for the demo
In that there are 3 buttons
1 : on/off
2 : Rx / tx
3 : Open new channel

I can toggle the "On/Off" button but the RX and Open Channel buttons are greyed out and unable to activate.
Please Suggest me the solution. I am using android_antlib.jar and antpluginlib_2.0.0.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Hi Mahesh

Firstly, are you trying to create an app which talks to ANT+ devices, or implementing custom communication using the ANT protocol? The ANT+ API is provided in the ANT Plugin Lib, the ANT API is provided in the ANT Lib. You will generally not require both, which is why they are provided as separate SDK's. The ANT+ Plugin Sampler provides sample code for using the ANT+ API to communicate with ANT+ devices.

The Open Channel button is only available when you have an ANT channel available on your device. You should first read the ANT+/ANT Application Requirements section of the relevant Creating ANT/ANT+ Android Apps document in the SDK.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-20

PM

I am creating APP for ANT+ Devices.