ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT Shared Channel Softdevice-S332,6.1.1 & SDK15.3.0

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2017-04-12

PM

Hi,

I am using below configuration for ANT Shared Channel.

ANT Master Shared Channel:
SDK:9.0.0
Chipset: nRF51422

ANT Slave Shared Channel
SDK:15.3.0
Chipset: nRF52832

Currently ANT Slave Shared channel working OK with SDK14. We want to move my SDK14 firmware to SDK15.
In SDK15 Firmware ANT Shared Slave channel not work.

Case 1(SDK15): When we set ANT Slave Chanel as shared slave that time ANT Slave channel able to receive all broadcast message send by Master channel but Slave send response message is not receive to master channel.
Note: Same configuration work ok with SDK14. We have only change SDK & firmware according softedevice.

#define CHANNEL_TYPE_SHARED_SLAVE ((uint8_t) 0x20) ///< Shared slave channel (PARAMETER_RX_NOT_TX | PARAMETER_SHARED_CHANNEL).

Case 2(SDK15): When we set ANT Slave Chanel as slave rx only that time ANT Slave channel able to receive all broadcast message send by Master channel and Slave send response message is also receive to master channel.

#define CHANNEL_TYPE_SLAVE_RX_ONLY ((uint8_t) 0x40) ///< Slave rx only channel (PARAMETER_RX_NOT_TX | PARAMETER_RX_ONLY).

My issue is we set channel type as ANT Shared channel that time not work and ANT Shared slave channel.
Please suggest any solution for SDK15.

Note: Same issue also observe in nRF52840 chipset.

Regards,
Himansu Donga      
Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2017-04-12

PM

Hi,

My Issue is solve using Shared address changes.

Before Master channel send message with 0x00 shared address. I have changes 0x00shared address to 0xFF than after mu issue solve in SDK15 firmware.

Regards,
Himansu Donga      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Each slave needs to be configured with a unique shared address which is non-zero. See Figure 8-6 of D00000652_ANT_Message_Protocol_and_Usage_Rev_5.1.pdf. You need to send broadcast data after opening the channel to assign the shared address to the slave.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

I believe that nRF51 devices let you incorrectly configure the shared address to the value 0.      

Signature

Ian Haigh