Ant_DLL.DLL 64 bit update

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

Hello,

I saw this older thread, http://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/3795/

and it mentions there are no version of the ANT_DLL.DLL for 64 bit

I understand 32 bit windows apps work fine under 64 bit, but if an application itself is 64 bit obviously it cannot use a 32 bit DLL.

Has any one compiled it under 64 bit? How about the other 2 DLL's,

DSI_SiUSBXp_3_1.dll, DSI_CP210xManufacturing_3_1.dll ?

I guess we would need 64 versions too?

The only alternative I would see is create a 32 process to communicate via Ant_DLL.dll and have the 64 bit application communicate with it using some IPC (interprocess communication). But that is quite a bit more complex than having a 64 bit version of Ant_Dll.dll.

Any other options?

Thanks,

Michel

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Your assumption is correct (32 bit DLLs can't be loaded into a 64 bit application).
Another solution would be: compile your application as a 32 bit app. Is there a read need to have a 64 bit application, e.g. huge address space, loading other DLLs that are only available in 64 bit versions, ... ?

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-01-21

PM

I agree 32 bit apps are fine, and I don't see an issue with them. But the reality is many users are expecting 64 bit apps on their 64 bit OS. It's a matter of perception.

Forcing an entire application to be 32 bit just because the ANT interface is only available in 32 bit is quite a limitation nowadays. It would nice if the ANT_DLL library would be updated to 64 bits.

Thanks,

Michel

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

So it's more a psychological matter than a technical one? wink

Well, the source code for ANT_NET.dll and ANT_DLL.dll are available as part of the "ANT Windows Library Package". However, the two driver DLLs DSI_CP210xManufacturing_3_1.dll and DSI_SiUSBXp_3_1.dll are only available as binaries, probably supplied by the chip designers (Silicon Labs).
So to my best knowledge you won't get a full set of 64 bit DLLs and would have to build your IPC solution.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

We have a full ANTFS stack available for PC and Mac already and lots of people are using the Android APIs raspberry

We are always open to suggestions and feedback so please let us know specifics you think are missing.

Also, I answered the 64-bit question on your other post: https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewreply/7003/

Signature

Dynastream Developer