Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Installing ANT USB Drivers for Windows 11

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-05-07

PM

Windows 11 currently does not automatically download the required driver for ANT USB-m sticks. Following the procedure below will resolve the issue.

To manually download the driver:
1. Login to thisisant.com
2. Navigate to thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads
3. Under "SOFTWARE TOOLS" download the "ANT USB Driver -Windows" driver
4. Unzip the newly downloaded .zip file

To update the driver:
1. Plug in a ANT USB-m stick (or ANT USB2 stick) into a USB port.
2. Open Device Manager (Start Menu -> Device Manager)
3. Locate "ANT USB-m Stick" under "Other devices"
4. Update the driver
a. Right click "ANT USB-m Stick"
b. Select “Update driver”
c. Select "Browse my computer for drivers"
d. Browse to where the unzipped driver folder is located
e. Click "Next"

ARM64-based Machines
ARM64-based machines require different drivers, but we do support the cross-platform Microsoft driver (WinUSB). The existing driver (libusb0.1) doesn’t work, however, we have a UWP version of ant-lib which uses WinUSB. There is a beta version of it up on the website, located here:

https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-sdk-win-uwp-beta-beta-release-for-customer-testing-and-feedback/

[ Edited: 06 May 2022 04:21 PM by Harrison ]

Signature

Scott Theriault

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-06-10

PM

Excuse me,
How to get ant+ for ARM64-based driver?
I go to the link and it says "Sorry, you don't have access to view this file."      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-05-07

PM

Hello!

Access to the driver should just require you to be logged in, but it may also require you to agree to the adopter license, which can be found here: https://www.thisisant.com/my-ant/join-adopter

Note: Hopefully the UWP library works for you, but we aren't actively supporting the driver at this time.      

Signature

Scott Theriault

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

ChristyZtw - 13 June 2022 10:53 PM
Excuse me,
How to get ant+ for ARM64-based driver?
I go to the link and it says "Sorry, you don't have access to view this file."

scott-theriault - 16 June 2022 10:03 AM
Hello!

Access to the driver should just require you to be logged in, but it may also require you to agree to the adopter license, which can be found here: https://www.thisisant.com/my-ant/join-adopter

Note: Hopefully the UWP library works for you, but we aren't actively supporting the driver at this time.

Note: You need to be logged in to access the driver, however there is no support for ARM64 platforms.
Note: You also need to be logged in to access the UWP beta driver. This may not provide equivalent functionality for software that was developed to use the other driver.       [ Edited: 20 June 2022 09:55 AM by haighi ]

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2017-01-10

PM

I am running a Windows 11 VM on a Mac with an M1 chip, so this has ARM architecture. I was able to manually install the driver linked, and now the Ant+ USB Device appears to be correctly installed in Device Manager in Windows, however, Simulant+ does not find this device. Is this a known problem? Are there any workarounds or suggestions to try?      

Image Attachments

Screen_Shot_2022-09-28_at_15.52.36.pngScreen_Shot_2022-09-28_at_15.53.07.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Joined 2022-11-04

PM

Merci, j'ai pu installer le driver sous Windows 11. maintenant il ne reste plus qu'à tester si ça fonctionne.      
Rank

Joined 2022-11-09

PM

i couldn't install the drivers on Windows 11 Version 21H2 Build 22000.1219

any advice?

BR
Claus      
Rank

Joined 2022-11-17

PM

Hi Guys
Thank your for the driver but i can not get it working

I have Saris ant usb dongle

It keeps on saying unknown device.

I have unzipped the driver and clicked on update and windows says can not install device.

Regards

Morne      

File Attachments

Rank

Joined 2022-12-16

PM

morte1600 - 18 November 2022 10:03 PM
Hi Guys
Thank your for the driver but i can not get it working

I have Saris ant usb dongle

It keeps on saying unknown device.

I have unzipped the driver and clicked on update and windows says can not install device.

Regards

Morne

Same here.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-arm-based-pcs-faq-477f51df-2e3b-f68f-31b0-06f5e4f8ebb5 “Drivers for hardware, games and apps will only work if they're designed for a Windows 11 Arm-based PC.”

We do not have drivers for Windows 11 Arm-based PCs.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2023-02-20

PM

I have a Levono X64 system laptop running Windows 11. I have a GARMIN USB-m stick which works in my partners laptop (also running Windows 11) and also works in my old laptop running Windows 10.
When I plug the USB-m stick into either of the 2 available USB slots, the device does not appear on "Device Manager".
I can see that all the relevant drivers are installed.
From the above information it is evident that the problem is not with the USB-m device as it works in other machines. This would suggest that the USB port/slot is not working properly however, plugging other devices (USB Memory Sticks, iPhone, Garmin watch data/charging cable etc into these USB slots these devices are instantly seen on Device Manager and work correctly.
I have one more option open to me and that is to use a friends USB-m stick in my laptop that he knows works in his laptop, and let him try mine in his laptop.

Have you come across this anomaly before and is there any help you can give me?

Yours hopefully
MALovibond      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2022-10-03

PM

scott-theriault - 15 March 2022 11:29 AM
Windows 11 currently does not automatically download the required driver for ANT USB-m sticks. Following the procedure below will resolve the issue.

To manually download the driver:
1. Login to thisisant.com
2. Navigate to thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads
3. Under "SOFTWARE TOOLS" download the "ANT USB Driver -Windows" driver
4. Unzip the newly downloaded .zip file

To update the driver:
1. Plug in a ANT USB-m stick (or ANT USB2 stick) into a USB port.
2. Open Device Manager (Start Menu -> Device Manager)
3. Locate "ANT USB-m Stick" under "Other devices"
4. Update the driver
a. Right click "ANT USB-m Stick"
b. Select “Update driver”
c. Select "Browse my computer for drivers"
d. Browse to where the unzipped driver folder is located
e. Click "Next"
ARM64-based Machines
ARM64-based machines require different drivers, but we do support the cross-platform Microsoft driver (WinUSB). The existing driver (libusb0.1) doesn’t work, however, we have a UWP version of ant-lib which uses WinUSB. There is a beta version of it up on the website, located here:

https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-sdk-win-uwp-beta-beta-release-for-customer-testing-and-feedback/

I am so glad I found your post, you made my day.       [ Edited: 06 December 2023 07:18 AM by KathleenMitchell ]