Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Looking for ANT_SetUSBDescriptorString()

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-08-25

PM

The "ANT Message Protocol and Usage" document refers to a function "ANT_SetUSBDescriptorString()".
The current windows library available for download on this site does not seem to support it. It is not mentioned in the "libant.h" include file and it cannot be loaded from the dll.

Can you specify how this function/functionality can be made available to a PC/Windows program?

Regards,
Klaus Roy-Poulsen      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

This command is available on version 2.4 of the ANT library package.

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-software-tools      
Rank

Joined 2009-08-25

PM

Thank you for the answer, but .... are you quite sure that is correct?
I have downloaded the ZIP file, extracted everything and searched for "SetUSBDescriptorString", but it does not exist.
Regards,
Klaus      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Please make sure you do have version 2.4. You can call ANT_LibVersion on the ANT DLL, or you can look for the version.h in ANT_LIB.

You might need to clear your browser cache or try a different browser if you keep getting an older version.      
Rank

Joined 2009-08-25

PM

I seems to be in need of new glasses.

version.h says

#define SW_VER_NUM                     "2.4" 

so I assume we are talking about version 2.4

I can find

BOOL ANT_GetDeviceUSBInfo(UCHAR ucUSBDeviceNumUCHARpucProductStringUCHARpucSerialString); 

and other USB functions, but nowhere can I find

ANT_SetUSBDescriptorString() 

neither in ANT_LIB nor in ANT_DLL.

Regards,
Klaus      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Hi Klaus,

It seems we were having issues with caching on our server side, and the version on the website was not the right one. Please download the file again. Sorry for the confusion.

The function is not on the DLL, only on ANT_LIB (dsi_framer_ant). If you still cannot find it, you might need to clear the cache on your browser or try a different browser, to make sure that you are getting the right version, rather than a cached copy.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Note that all of the descriptor strings, with the exception of the PID/VID, are null terminated ascii strings, so usage should be

UCHAR aucDescString3[] "123"// sample Serial Number String
pclMessageObject->SetUSBDescriptorString(3aucDescString3sizeof(aucDescString3)); 

The error messages you are seeing indicate that this command is not supported in the USB stick you are using. What kind of USB stick are you trying to use these commands with? Is this an OEM USB2 stick or a Garmin stick? You cannot change any of the descriptor strings on the Garmin stick. If you are unsure, please post the ANT version string (you can get it by requesting the version message, for example, with ANTwareII).      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for the reply.

UCHAR aucDescString3[] "123"// sample Serial Number String
pclMessageObject->SetUSBDescriptorString(3aucDescString3sizeof(aucDescString3)); 

Yes, my mistake. Thanks. Sending the character string still results in the same error however.

The error messages you are seeing indicate that this command is not supported in the USB stick you are using. What kind of USB stick are you trying to use these commands with? Is this an OEM USB2 stick or a Garmin stick? You cannot change any of the descriptor strings on the Garmin stick. If you are unsure, please post the ANT version string (you can get it by requesting the version message, for example, with ANTwareII).

It's a ANT USBStick2. The response to request 0x3E is "AJK1.04RAF"      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

From the version string, that looks like a Garmin stick, and it is not possible to modify the descriptor string in these.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

To clarify, the Descriptor String command is only supported on the nRF24AP2USB (the chip version). The USB2 sticks on the plastic case do not support this feature.