Monitoring / communicating the two battery boards of the ANTAP2DK1 DevKit

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi all!

I have here the ANTAP2DK1 DevKit and I want
monitoring the both battery ANT nodes.
(The easy set up for peer-to-peer network demonstration)

I meen that I want to see what messages they sending
and recieving and I want to send with my ANT USB Stick
messages to a node. (So that a LED blink).

What are the correct parameters?
(Device Type, Network Type, Trans Typ, etc... )

thanks for your help!

George      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hello,

The parameters for configuring and opening an ANT channel are network key, network number, channel type, device type, device number, transmission type, RF channel frequency. These parameters are explained in detail in the "ANT Message Protocol and Usage" document of the ANT website. Also, the document includes the sequence of commands required to configure and open an ANT channel.

As for the values of those channel parameters, it depends on the type of implementation you are developing. If you are trying to apply any of the ANT+ device profiles, then those parameters are specified in the device profile documents and you would have to comply with those parameter values. However, if your implementation is not an ANT+, then the ANT developer sets those parameter values.

I also recommend using ANTware II PC tool, which is very helpful to ANT developers. This tool allows users to be familiar with the ANT commands for configuring and opening an ANT channel. This tool is available in the "Software Tools" of the ANT website (http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/software-tools).