Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How do I properly re-install ANT USB drivers on my computer?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 140

Joined 2008-12-09

PM

Re-installing the drivers is not always a trivial procedure. This is especially true if upgrading the USB driver to the latest revision. To do this properly, the old ANT USB driver must first be completely removed from the system. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as uninstalling the driver via Device Manager. To completely remove the ANT driver, please follow the technical note D00001222 - TN01 Uninstalling USB Drivers. Once the old drivers are completely removed, the new drivers may be installed using the standard procedure.      

Signature

For a complete list of frequently asked questions and answers, please view the FAQ user profile by clicking on the FAQ user name. 

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-02-25

PM

The link in the reply is broken.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 140

Joined 2008-12-09

PM

TN01 Uninstalling USB Drivers

[file name=TN01_Uninstalling_USB_Drivers_0.pdf size=231596]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/TN01_Uninstalling_USB_Drivers_0.pdf[/file]      

Signature

For a complete list of frequently asked questions and answers, please view the FAQ user profile by clicking on the FAQ user name. 

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I have GARMIN 405 and when I install ANT drivers my laptop is freeze. Only hard reset can be done.
I tried to install the drivers several time and I got the same.
I followed the uninstall steps.
By the way, there is no SiUSBXp.sys      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2008-11-21

PM

First - the drivers provided on our website are the drivers for our ANT development kit. To get the correct drivers for your ANT agent, download the correct drivers from the Garmin website. go to http://www.garmin.com/support

Then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers with your PC in safe mode.

If you still experience problems after trying this - please contact Garmin tech support.