ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Need assiatance with hardware connection MSPF2132

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2010-11-22

PM

Hi,
I am doing a project to connect ANT hardware to TI MSPF2132 Hardware. I am using User "Manual Reference Design" document and in bit synchronous connection. Please can some one confirm the following connections :

Pins: 1, 5, 17, 18 => Vcc
Pins: 2, 8, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20 => Gnd
Pins: 3, 4, 5, 9, 19 <=> MCU

Comments are encouraged.
Awaiting reply
Regards
Pavan      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hi,

Could you please specify the type of connection you are using for the ANT hardware; molex header or surface mount? Also, which ANT chip/module are you using?

It is important to refer to the data sheet corresponding to the ANT hardware you are using because each ANT chip/module has different pin assignments. You can find ANT product data sheets in "Developer's Zone" of the ANT website.      
Rank

Joined 2010-11-22

PM

Hi,
I actually forgot to mention that the pins mentioned are of the ANT Battery Board.

I am using the battery Board,IO Board and AP281M51B together from the ANTAP2DK1 kit.

I had a few more specific questions:

1) The reference docuemnt mentions that Pin 20 be connected to MCU , but this pin on the Battery Board is either connected ( pulled up ) to VCC or connected to Gnd using the Switch no.4. So what must i keep the switch position ?
2) As the reference document mentions of a resistor to be connected between TX and RX pins, can anyone please share why is it required ?

Regards
Pavan      
RankRankRank

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hi,

Since you are using ANTAP281M5IB (with molex connector), you would need to refer to the module's data sheet to appropriately interface with the host MCU.

Link to the data sheet is below:
http://www.thisisant.com/images/Resources/PDF/ap2_rf_transceiver_module_datasheet.pdf

As for pin 20 on the battery board, it refers to "BR3/DevSel3". This pin is tied to ground for synchronous mode as specified in the module's data sheet.

The resistor connecting between RX and TX pins can be safely ignored.      
Rank

Joined 2010-11-22

PM

Hi,
I want to know then when we connect Pin ( IOSELECT/RTS/ SEN ) to VCC is it necessary to have a resistor of 1 M connected so as to restrict the current flow ?
Regards
Pavan      
RankRankRank

Joined 2010-05-03

PM

Hi,

The 1 M resistor is required to put the interface board in the correct operation state.