Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

I noticed that when I send a burst with a single packet, it will fail more often then when I send a burst with multiple packets. Why is that?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 140

Joined 2008-12-09

PM

Single packet bursts are handled identically to Acknowledged messages and are not retried. Multi-packet bursts are retried up to 5 times before failing.      

Signature

For a complete list of frequently asked questions and answers, please view the FAQ user profile by clicking on the FAQ user name. 

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

FAQ wrote:
Single packet bursts are handled identically to Acknowledged messages and are not retried. Multi-packet bursts are retried up to 5 times before failing.

This must be a design flaw in the ANT engine. When a user chooses to send burst data of any length the protocol should NOT change the data type. If it does it sets itself above the users intentions and creates unpredictable reults. In this specific case it refuses to send a single package using automatic retransmission, and the only way the user can trick the engine to use this feature is by bursting extra dummy packages. This is sub-optimal since the liklyhood of loosing two packages is greater than loosing one.

Please give us a reason for this odd behavior, and perhaps consider changing the behaviour in an upcomming version.

Regards
BioLife