ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Jitter

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi guys,
do you know how much is the jitter of the TX from master to slave. More I'd lik to know if anyone has experiences continuous scanning mode.

Thanx

Giuseppe      
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2010-07-08

PM

Hi Giuseppe,

Jitter is entirely dependent on your own design and your clock source, so there is no "specification" for jitter. I have never seen a measurement for jitter on ANT, but possible some other device manufacturers have measured this and can add their results.      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi Jefferson,
perhaps I used the term jitter in a bit confused way.
Really, I need to know how much is the accuracy of the estimated channel on time of 150uS as reported by the documentation.

E.g. 150uS +/10%

Thank you.      
RankRank

Joined 2010-07-08

PM

Hi Giuseppe,

Detailed information on the low level timing and RF specifications of the ANT protocol such as you are asking about are proprietary, so I am afraid I cannot help you here.      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

Jefferson, I'm a bit surprised to read that the info I'm asking for, is reserved and cannot be published. I can't see any way it could infringe the patent or give others some knowledge about your IP.
Unfortunately we need to know this parameter to understand if ANT Is suitable for our products.
We request that the communication, the tx from a node to another, has to be deterministic meaning the estimate channel of time has to be guaranteed being always the same with 1 uS tolerance (the jitter).
Can ANT match this requirement for 80% of the communications?

If you can't answer here please tell me how or who have I to contact?
If necessary I could subscribe a NDA as well.

Thank you.
Giuseppe      
RankRank

Joined 2010-07-08

PM

The reason the info is proprietary is that ANT channels are designed to drift and coexist with many other channels in RF environments, and it is impossible to give detailed low level channel specifications without revealing details of the proprietary algorithms. In other words, the "jitter" will change depending on the circumstances, but exactly how is propriety.

I think I can answer your question though. If you are looking for a guarantee of 1 uS tolerance, ANT will NOT be able to meet this. The ANT clock source is a 32.768 KHz crystal oscillator with a frequency accuracy of +- 50 ppm, as defined in the datasheets. Therefore it cannot do anything better then around 30.5 uS of tolerance, with 50 ppm of drift.

I hope this answers your question!