Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Android Blood Pressure Monitor ANT+ Demo or sample code?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

Would someone point me to material that help develop Android Blood Pressure Monitor (BPM) apps. Any of the following would be very helpful:
[ul]
[li]A sample BPM app similar to ANT+ Demo.[/li]
[li]Sample code (Java or other language).[/li]
[li]Sample decoding code, antDecodeBPM(), like antDecodeWeight() in Java or other language.[/li]
[/ul]

Thank you very much.

Saun      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Please refer to the ANT+ Blood Pressure Device Profile for more details regarding blood pressure. You will also need to become familiar with ANT-FS and the FIT protocol.

ANT-FS
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-fs-specification

FIT Protocol
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/fit-sdk

We do not have available at this moment Java reference code that implements the Blood Pressure device profile. The FIT SDK does include Java code, but we do not have available an Android implementation of the ANT-FS Host. The source code of the PC ANT-FS Host demo can serve as a reference for your Android implementation.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

alejandra,

Thank you for your reply.

My exposure to ANT is limited to customizing and extending the UI of ANTPlustDemo. Would you please help me to understand a bit more about ANT+ and ANT-FS using ANTPlusDemo as reference point..

1. Is it feasible to have one application uses both ANT+ and ANT-FS? e.g., extending AntPlusManager.java to support ANT-FS.

2. Can/should a ANT+ application and a ANT-FS application share the same ANTLib_Library?

3. Can/should a ANT+ application and a ANT-FS application share the same ANT Radio Service (that is required to run ANTPlusDemo?

Thank you very much.

Saun      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

You would need to implement ANT-FS in your own application. ANT channels are independent, so yes, you can have other ANT+ device profiles and ANT-FS in the same application, using the same radio service.

Please take the time to go through the resources in this post to get familiar with the basic functions of ANT
http://www.thisisant.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,146/func,view/catid,25/id,1169/

Also, try to get familiar with the ANT-FS specification and the usage of the ANT-FS PC tools so you can get an understanding of what adding ANT-FS to an application means.

Good luck!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Thank you alejandra. Your reply helps me to have a sense whether I am on the right path.

Saun      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-12-05

PM

Hi alejandra or any one,

This thread is quite old, so thought of repeating the same question.
Has the situation changed? and ThisIsAnt provide ANT-FS Host reference implementation for ANDROID OS?
Either with or without source code support? Thanks in advance for quick response.

Ram      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The situation is the same.