Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Wahoo Key to ANTWareII

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-11-07

PM

I've developed an iPhone app that uses the Wahoo Key to talk to another iphone with the same hardware/app. The two phones communicate with each other just fine using broadcast mode, on channel 0, at 10Hz. However, I can't seem to read the broadcasted data with ANTWare II.

I'll keep reading and troubleshooting, but I figured I'd put the question out there... is there some reason that this isn't possible?

Thanks for your help!

-Ethan      
RankRank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2011-06-29

PM

To connect two ANT devices you must match Network key, channel period, channel frequency, and ID (Includes device number, device type, and transmission type {These can be wildcards by setting them to 0 on a slave}). My hunch is that these parameters are not set the same, and that it why AntWare can't connect.
Check with Wahoo fitness what the default ANT channel parameters are for the Class you are using. (WFHardwareConnector??)      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

SOLVED!

After a weekend of painful trial and error, we've got a solution.

It turns out the Wahoo Key won't allow the network number to be set to 0. (Of course, it doesn't tell you this.) It defaults to 1. We set ours to 2 and it's working fine.      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2011-10-19

PM

Hi Ethan,

I am also trying to send data between the Wahoo key and ANTwareII (but from ANTwareII to the iPhone) with little success.

I am not much of an iPhone programmer so I was basically using the Wahoo Demo app in the advanced mode. I tried sending a message using that; then on the PC, I have an AP2 on the USB board connected to ANTwareII, it was set to slave, 0 for device id, device type and trans type. but nothing.

any help or suggestion would be appreciated!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Julian,

Did you try setting the network ID to 1 in ANTware?      
Rank

Joined 2011-10-19

PM

Hi Ethan,
Thanks for replying. Yes I did set the network number to 1 on Antware.
I assume you were using the Wahoo api?

Cheers
Julian      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

You will need to ensure that your channel configuration matches both on ANTware and on the Wahoo app. This includes the network key (note, this is not the same as the network number), the radio frequency, channel period, and channel ID.      
Rank

Joined 2011-10-19

PM

The wahoo key just uses the ANT+ network key and I set that network key onto the ap2 module using ANTwareII on network number 1; as far as i know, the RF is the same and the period is also set to the same value; and I set the slave (receiver) as a wildcard (0 for everything).
Maybe I just need to tweak the app on how the connection is made?
Has anyone else tried this?

THanks!      
Rank

Joined 2011-10-19

PM

Just an update: turns out I made a mistake in the configuration messages on the iPhone app. so its all good now!      
Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 0

PM

Ethan Pease,

Just wanted to say thank you for posting! This was the exact solution to my problem! I would add that their are two locations for the network #: 1. first byte of data sent along with setting the Network Key (0x46). 2. The last byte of the Assign Channel (0x42).

Cy Drollinger      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-05-15

PM

Wow Thanks for this post... it took me several hours to realize there was a bug in the wahoo api and just few minutes to solve it with this solution..... cant believe the post is 2 year old and wahoo didnt fix that yet...