I think there are version differences of some form here as things did not match up totally for the instructions. I am using.
Android Development Toolkit
5.1 I needed (Menu > Window> Android SDK and AVD Manager)
5.2 I needed Available packages, Add Add-on Site... I got a file not found error of some sort doing the addition but it looked to work and not be related to you...
Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/addons_list.xml
reaso,n: File not found
Googeling it looks fairly common but I have not been able to get the various fixes working for me.
5.3 I got errors.
Downloading ANT Radio by ANT Wireless, Android API 10, revision 1
File not found: C:\\PROGRA~2\\Android\\android-sdk\\temp\\addon-ant_radio-ant_wireless-10-rev1.zip (Access is denied)
Downloading ANT Radio by ANT Wireless, Android API 7, revision 1
File not found: C:\\PROGRA~2\\Android\\android-sdk\\temp\\addon-ant_radio-ant_wireless-7-rev1.zip (Access is denied)
This is because you need to run the Sdk Manager in Administrator mode. I found http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19335222
which sorted me out.
5.4 In â€˜Android SDK and AVD Managerâ€™ I use the Virtual devices page for this step.
In use, starting the bridge no trouble, no problem with the configuration tool. First off I tried my own App which has been working well on an Xperia X8 (still waiting on my Active) I had an error first time off. Basically it was a security exception saying I did not have the com.dsi.ant.permission.ANT This is in my manifest. I then tried with a locally built version of ANTPlusDemo and it worked testing with a heart rate strap. I then went back to my App and it worked... After further investigation it looks like the first time I run my app on a newly created emulator I intermittently get this error. It is not every time. I have tried running the ANTPlusDemo as the first thing and have not had a problem with it. I donâ€™t believe I have had a problem running my app after running the demo. Once my App has run I have had no problems with it. I have had this on both the API 7 and the API 10 version.
I have a google doc I can share with ACRA crash reports for the problem in it. There is some stuff in the Logcat from the AntRadioEmulator that may make sense to people. I have also just got the Ant radio bit of my system packaged to a state where I will let people try it. I have separated the Ant interfacing into a separate App from my main App so as to potentially have multiple Apps working with the Ant system simultaneously. There is a separate thread on this issue here somewhere.
Once working I have had no problems. I have not tried changing the buffering things are just working for me.