ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

No SEN\\ signal from AP2 module?

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-10-16

PM

Hi,
I am encountering a strange intermittent problem initializing an AP281M5IB (rev. F) module in byte sync mode. About 90% of the time, the SEN\\ signal from the module never asserts, neither after startup/reset, nor in response to MRDY\\ signal from the host MCU. From what I understand, "normal" operation is for the module to assert SEN\\ immediately after reset, and deliver an 0x6F startup message (which happens, but very rarely).

I've attached a logic analyzer trace showing the issue in more detail. Ohmmeter test between the PCB pins and the vias atop the module indicate all pads are correctly soldered grin Note the line labeled 'SSFAKER' is a software-generated signal to the the MCU's hardware SS\\ line (SEN\\ can't be used directly as ANT pulls it high at the start of the last byte, making it lost to the MCU).

Can anyone see a problem, or suggest what might be going on here? Is it possible I just have a broken module?

Thanks!      
Rank

Joined 2009-10-16

PM

Trying again to attach the trace, which was abruptly stripped from the last message for being "too wide"(?). Trace labels now might be tricky to make out; the order is SEN, SSFAKER (software SS\\ to MCU), MISO, MOSI, SCK, RESET, MRDY, SRDY. [img size=800]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/images/ant_sen_stuck_raw.png[/img]      
Rank

Joined 2009-10-16

PM

UPDATE: I've built up a 2nd board, and so far have been unable to reproduce this on the new board. May just be the module after all.