ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Pairing SE Xperia Neo V with Suunto Dual comfort belt

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello

Today I tried to pair SonyEricsson Neo V android phone which should be ANT+ capable with Suunto dual comfort belt which should be ANT capable.
At first I thought that Suunto has ANT+ capability, but I found out it is not so. But then I thought that ANT+ devices should be able to receive ANT signals, but this is also not possible.
My question is whether it is possible to connect SE Xperia Neo V with Suunto dual comfort belt, or other ANT devices.
my Xperia has Android version 2.3.4 (Build number 4.0.2.A.0.62)
I installed ANT+ Demo application and Endomondo sports tracker, but none of those could receive data from Suunto dual comfort belt.

Thanks in advance for any help.
tomiGaspar      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

ANT+ is a set of protocols built upon the ANT platform to provide compatibility between products. I belive the Sunnto belt you are talking about is using ANT but it is using it's own protocol format not the ANT+ format. The Apps you refer to use the ANT+ protocol to comunicate with ANT+ compatible hardware, unfortunatly not the Sunnto belt. If you wanted to develop your own software then given access to the nessasary protocol details from Sunnto you could write suitable software for the your phone to comunicate with the Sunnto belt.

If anyone is aware of the Sunnto protocol details being publicly accessible then I would be interested in adding support into IpBike but I can not immediatly fine the details after some googleing.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Suunto does use its own proprietary format, on a private network.

Asides from obtaining details of their format fro Suunto, you may also want to have a look at this post, regarding use of private keys on Android
http://www.thisisant.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,146/func,view/catid,30/id,2233/