Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Will ANT work for me?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Disclaimer: I have no experience in electronics. But, I’ve read just enough of the information on this website to start asking naive questions.

I have an idea for a exercise device and I want to confirm that ANT will meet my needs. I would like to be able to set up a wireless PAN in which a display (hub) shows snapshots of wave-like data that is simultaneously collected from up to 15 sensors. The data would have force on the y axis and time on the x axis.

For example, if a person was jumping on and off a scale, I would like to show a “snapshot” of the force on the scale from the time they make contact until the time contact ends. Each snapshot will look something like an ugly sine wave. The rate could be as high as twice a second. The duration of contact could be as short as 0.3 seconds. I would like to display each individual snapshot for up to 15 people at the same time and as far away as 15 meters (e.g. in a fitness class).

Is there a reason why the ANT protocol isn’t a good choice for this application?

Thanks in advance.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

The ANT Protocol sounds like an appropriate technology for your application. It is very well suited for a variety of network topologies, as well as ultra low power applications. For more assistance, or information, please contact .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Johnny Ringo - 30 April 2012 06:06 PM
Disclaimer: I have no experience in electronics. But, I’ve read just enough of the information on this website to start asking naive questions.

I have an idea for a exercise device and I want to confirm that ANT will meet my needs. I would like to be able to set up a wireless PAN in which a display (hub) shows snapshots of wave-like data that is simultaneously collected from up to 15 sensors. The data would have force on the y axis and time on the x axis.

For example, if a person was jumping on and off a scale, I would like to show a “snapshot” of the force on the scale from the time they make contact until the time contact ends. Each snapshot will look something like an ugly sine wave. The rate could be as high as twice a second. The duration of contact could be as short as 0.3 seconds. I would like to display each individual snapshot for up to 15 people at the same time and as far away as 15 meters (e.g. in a fitness class).

Is there a reason why the ANT protocol isn’t a good choice for this application?

Thanks in advance.

You should try WIMU. it works with ANT+ and wifi, and you can sync it with a video, so the software shows it. I can't remember the software name, but it was utterly powefull.