Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

getting raw message data from iOS Fit SDK

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

I am using the iOS SDK 3.10 and am looking at the HRM profile. I kind of expected that there would be a member object that would allow me to look at the last messages received but there doesn't seem to be one. Am I missing something here. Specifically, I would like to look at the manufacturer specific field in page 4. Realizing of course it says it shouldn't be read by receiver, I am hacking a demo together and would like to get at that field.

I guess if I could reproduce the iOS library from wahoo and add that member, that would be great, but I don't know if that is a possibility or not.

Just looking for ideas.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2008-11-21

PM

manufacturer specific information means that the field is defined by the manufacturer of the HRM... to understand the data in that field you would have to contact the manufacturer of hte HRM, and get them to agree that you can interpret that data and they would let you know how.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

You misunderstand the question. I am building a sensor. I want to put data into the manufacture specific field. And I am trying to use the iOS 3.10 SDK to read my own manufacturing specific field, but there doesn't appear to be a member variable that reads that field in the SDK. All other fields seem present in the class except that one. Wondering if there is a work around to get at the raw message information that isn't intuitively obvious.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2008-11-21

PM

You will need to contact the iOS developers and ask them to give you access.