Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

FE Equipment channel collision

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I need to collect and show HRM on the FE equipment, then sent the data to Garmin watch.
So I create 2 channels, from the device profile the channel should be use the same RF channel frequency 57.
When I start the 2 channels and process data, the ANTAP281M5IB response "EVENT_CHANNEL_COLLISION" frequently.
What can I do to prevent the collision event???      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do to prevent this channel collision. EVENT_CHANNEL_COLLISION happens when two channels drift into each other. Since the FE and HRM channel periods are close, it is not uncommon for them to overlap periodically. How many times are you actually seeing this channel collision event?

Could you provide any ANT serial communication logs?

Cheers,

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

If you would like some more information, you could take a look at the Multi-channel Design Considerations App Note. The channel periods in those specific device profiles were designed to have periodic collisions, and are not a problem. If you are seeing them extremely frequently, then we should look into why you are seeing such frequent collisions.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look at the reference and modify the structure.