Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Fit 4.0

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-14

PM

Hello, I was given a "new" fit file and the version in the header indicated it was version 4.0. It did has some new fields that don't correspond to anything in profile.xls of the current SDK.

The specific field I encountered has a field definition of 54, fit base type of 24 and size of 12.

I can do some guessing and infer that 24 & 0x0F = 0x08 -> FIT_BASE_TYPE_FLOAT32 and size 12 implies 3 of them. But I'd rather not guess and just get some specs.

Any idea on when specs for 4.0 will be available?      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

The most recent version of the FIT SDK is 5.10 and may be found on the download page.

To keep uptodate on the newest technical resources you can subscribe to our RSS feed
http://www.thisisant.com/feeds/tech_bulletin/

Since it is possible to define custom messages and fields, the profile may not have knowledge of every field encountered. Unknown fields can still be decoded using the field definition information (Sec 4.2.1 of the FIT Protocol Document).

Can you confirm the message definition for the unrecognized field? There is no type corresponding to '24' (float32 is 0x88)

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-14

PM

Yes the type is 24 and yes I know there is no type 24. Thus my problem. The file header also indicated fit version 4.0 vs. 1.2 or 1.3

Judging by your response it looks like it's not just me. Thanks for the help.      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

Does your file have a good CRC (does decode.checkIntegrity pass)?