ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Crash report from user

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

Hi,

I am getting a crash report from a user. Sounds like he is having trouble with all his ANT apps including the ANT+ Demo. It was working a day or two ago aparently. Here is the stack dump.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at android
.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1333)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1281)
at com.dsi.ant.IAnt_6$Stub$Proxy.claimInterface(SourceFile:970)
at com.dsi.ant.AntInterface.claimInterface(SourceFile:1513)
at com.iforpowell.android.ipantman.AntPlusMan.startupMachine(SourceFile:335)
at com.dsi.ant.AntInterface$ServiceListener.onServiceConnected(SourceFile:576)
at com.dsi.ant.AntInterface$1.onServiceConnected(SourceFile:262)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher.doConnected(LoadedApk.java:1068)
at android.app.LoadedApk$ServiceDispatcher$RunConnection.run(LoadedApk.java:1085)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:605)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4441)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:823)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:590)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method

As you can see it's in the claimInterface call.

I have asked the user to try uninstalling ANT Radio Service and reinstalling it which may or may not help but someone should probobly check the code at the crash line anyway. Any sugestions I can pass on apreciated.

Android build details etc.
BOARD=MSM8660_SURF
BOOTLOADER
=unknown
BRAND
=SEMC
CPU_ABI
=armeabi-v7a
CPU_ABI2
=armeabi
DEVICE
=LT28h
DISPLAY
=6.1.E.2.68
FINGERPRINT
=SEMC/LT28h_1265-2655/LT28h:4.0.4/6.1.E.2.68/u_d-zw:user/release-keys
HARDWARE
=semc
HOST
=BuildHost
ID
=6.1.E.2.68
IS_DEBUGGABLE
=false
MANUFACTURER
=Sony Ericsson
MODEL
=LT28h
PRODUCT
=LT28h_1265-2655
RADIO
=unknown
SERIAL
=CB5A1L3KB3
TAGS
=release-keys
TIME
=1332882993000
TYPE
=user
UNKNOWN
=unknown
USER
=BuildUser 

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

ifor, I see this is an old issue that was never resolved, did you ever have any more problems with this issue? Our current ANT Radio Service version has made several changes to the code in these stack traces and we are unable to reproduce this.

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

I still get more crash reports from this than anything else. Not huge numbers but still 3 or 4 a day. I have not seen it from the my Beta version of IpSensorMan using the new channel access APIs and the plugins for most of the profiles (not power yet) but I have not yet pushed it out to a lot of people so the user base with it is probably less then 1% of the standard 1.2.6 release on Google Play.

Ifor      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Ok, we will look into it some more if it is still occurring frequently.

Also, is there an specific reason the power plugin isn't implemented yet? Is it missing something or you just haven't had time to do it yet? We are always looking for ways to improve.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

ifor,
From what we can tell this looks like it might be caused by a version compatibility problem in the IPC between the AntLib and the Ant Radio Service. For the version of your 'com.iforpowell.android.ipantman.AntPlusMan' application that is causing problems what version of the AntLib does it build with?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

I have had to go back into the revision control to try and work this out. As I have the different projects in different repositories it's a bit tricky but I am fairly sure it was on v3.2.2 2012-06-25 from the release notes of the library project.

Ifor      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Ifor,

Thanks for the version info. We've confirmed that AntLib v3.2.2 does not have any IPC issues with any version of the ANT Radio Service, contrary to what we thought might be happening (a stack trace similar to the one you provided can be caused by differing aidl files). Also, we haven't been able to reproduce the issue in any version of ANT Radio Service by attempting to claim the interface within ServiceListener.onServiceConnected() as the stack trace shows.

If possible, any additional information that could be provided would be appreciated in tracking down this bug, thanks!