Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Garmin USB Stick

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello. I'm just getting started with ANT and looking to see if what I want to do is even possible.

Does anyone know if the Garmin USB Stick that comes with the Forerunner 405 can be used with the development kit and a PowerTap SL+ Hub? I'm looking to monitor the hub transmissions.

If not then can the generic USB Stick recommended here talk to the Powertap?

Thank you.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-09-17

PM

I don't have the 405, but I have two of the Garmin Forerunner 50's and use their USB sticks with the API without any problems. I haven't done any of the ANT FS stuff, just talking to the HRM and a Tanita Scale, but both work great.

Sparkfun also has a USB key for sale that's serial, but I've never used it.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Additionally, the details on the communication parameters and data payload format for this device are available on the ANT+ Bike Power device profile (ANT+ Member Zone).

You can find more details on the ANT+ Alliance here
http://www.thisisant.com/ant/ant-alliance      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-09-25

PM

Alejandra:

I cant find the ANT+ Bike Power device profile (ANT+ Member Zone) that you previously said.

I'm interested in the details on the communication parameters and data payload format for this device profile.

May you please tell me exactly where is the info you said?

Thanks in advance, Jorge.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Jorge,

The device profiles are available only for members of the ANT+ Alliance.
You can inquire for more information on joining the ANT+ Alliance at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).