Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ Bike Speed

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-07-22

PM

Hello

I am working on Bike speed application.

I have checked ANT+ SDK sample project but not able to connect with Bike Speed sensor but ANT+ Bike Demo app is working on it.

So please help me for that

Thanks in advance.      

Signature

Vatsal Shah
Sr. Android Develoer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The ANT+ Bike Speed Plugin is currently in beta testing and has not been publicly released yet. Please PM ShaneG for more details if you would like to join beta testing, or for a general timeline on when the release may occur.

Best regards      
Rank

Joined 2013-07-22

PM

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for your message.

I'm just wondering that if it's in Beta then how below mentioned apps are working correctly:-
1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.bikepowerdemo
2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iforpowell.android.ipbike

Also, we would like to work on Beta version of yours, so let us know how we can use that.

Moreover, can you please let us know ETA of when the final working version will get launched. We're having REALLY URGENT delivery of our app, which should be launched by end of August.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.      

Signature

Vatsal Shah
Sr. Android Develoer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Vatsal,

Those apps were likely written using the older Legacy ANT Chip API (or 3rd party variant), which gave running apps full control over the ANT radio, and then interpreted the message payload bytes manually, following each respective ANT+ Device Profile.

The new Android ANT API consists of 2 parts, an ANT Channel Library and an ANT+ Plugin Library. The ANT Channel library allows apps to request individual channels so that multiple apps can share the ANT radio concurrently. The ANT+ Plugin library builds upon the new Channel library, and performs all necessary decoding required by the profile for you, while also allowing multiple apps to concurrently access the same connected sensor.

I will have our lead plugin developer contact you about beta access and potential release dates.

Best regards.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

It is also possible for apps to use the new Android ANT Lib with the channel library and implement the profiles manually. The legacy interface is now depreciated and we suggest all apps move to the new channel lib, so hopefully more apps continue to do so. The recommended way to implement ANT+ is to use the plugins, the next version contains bike speed, cadence, and power profiles, and is open for Beta.

@vatsalshah please PM me your email address and I will send you the beta version.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2013-07-22

PM

Hello ShaneG,

I don't know due to some reason i am not able to do PM to you.

Can you send me beta version on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

We're having REALLY URGENT delivery of our app, which should be launched by end of August.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you.      

Signature

Vatsal Shah
Sr. Android Develoer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Vatsal,
I have sent the beta versions to your email. I also mentioned in the email that at this point we can't guarantee a release date at this time. We are targeting the end of August as well, but can't guarantee an exact time frame or deadline yet.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer