Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

PredefinedNetwork.ANT_PLUS <===????

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-09-23

PM

I’ve been setting things up and have a (hopefully) quick question. Everything is working so far, however we’re using the following network key ( I received this from our FW dev. Note: I removed values in case they are "secret sauce"):

{0x??,0x??,0x??,0x??,0x??,0x??,0x??,0x??}; // ANT+ Alliance Network Key

When performing ChannelProvider.acquireChannel, the second parameter for the network appears to take one of the predefineds from PredefinedNetwork. So far I’ve been unable to force the network key that I got from the FW dev into here. I’ve seen on the forum a post with the following in it:

PredefinedNetwork.ANT_PLUS

I’ve grepped through the various jar files, I have looked at the jar headers and I have looked inside with a hex editor to see if there is method to stuff this in. I have not found a PredefinedNetwork which includes anything other than ANT_FS, PUBLIC and INVALID. Thus I do not have anything with a PredefinedNetwork.ANT_PLUS, I do not have any call to acquireChannel which allows me to pass the above key.

Is there a different jar file I should be using in libs? Or how would I go about stuffing that key into the acquireChannel call? I cannot do anything further until I can get this resolved unfortunately.

Thanks,

Andy

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

When developing applications that talk with ANT+ devices the ANT+ API along with the ANT+ Plugins should be used, so PredefinedNetwork.ANT_PLUS is not available.

For special cases where an implementation of the ANT+ profile is not provided by the ANT+ Plugins, please email us.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Andy,
The ANT+ network key is not exposed in the public libraries to reduce resource contention and conflicts with the ANT+ plugins. We prefer everybody to use the ANT+ plugins to connect to ANT+ devices. If you have looked at the ANT+ plugins and believe your use case can not be accomplished without direct access to the ANT+ key, please PM me with the details and we can work something out. Thanks!      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-09-23

PM

Thanks All for the replies. I have what I need now.

Andy