Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT Radio Service does not start after reboot

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

I'm going to build a new bike counter out of my old SE Xperia x10 mini pro. I have instelled ANT Radio Service from Google Play. However, the programme is visible in installed applications but not in running ones. It appeared once after resterting of the device and I managed to pair my smartphone with Garmin HR belt. Unfortunately, after another restart the service is inactive again.

What might have caused it? How to deal with it?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

The ANT Radio Service will only run when there is an ANT/ANT+ application using it. Once you connect your application to the ANT Radio Service you must wait for the ANT hardware to turn on. On the X10 mini pro this takes ~4 seconds.

Also, depending on what Sony system version you are using, ANT+ must be enabled in the Performance Assistant application.      
Rank

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

Thank you very much for your reply.

The proposed method worked in version 2.8.1. Unfortunately, after upgrading to version 4.2 service does not start.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Can you please provide some more details of what you mean by 'service does not start'. Does the ANT+ Demo (which requires the ANT+ Plugins be installed as well as the ANT Radio Service) work?

Which version of the ANT API are you using for your app? The latest is 4.2.      
Rank

Joined 2013-10-31

PM

I'll try... I'm using android 2.1 (latest official from SE) and I can't install ANT Demo (which require 2.2+). I tried the 4.2 version, but now I'm using back ANT Radio Service version 2.8.1 and when I start, for example Endomondo, the service is visible in Settings->Applications->Running Services (for me the service starts). When I had ANT Radio Service 4.2 this wasn't visible.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

We will get ANT+ Demo updated to install on Android 2.1. The ANT+ Plugin Sampler is another sample application we provide for simply testing an ANT+ connection. Again, it requires the ANT+ Plugins.

There is a timing issue with Endomondo initialising (on ANT Radio Service 4.2) that we are working on now. If you end up in the Bluetooth search screen, wait until the ANT icon appears in the notification bar before you cancel. For this reason you are best using a simpler app to test ANT/the ANT Radio Service on your phone. Or it is VERY simple to write your own application using the ANT+ SDK.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Argo,

I have sent you an email with information of how to access a version of ANT+ Demo that can install on Android 2.1. Thanks!      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

At this time, the Android ANT API (version 4.2) and the Android ANT+ Plugin API (version 2.0) are currently broken on Android 2.1; we will be investigating this issue further. As an immediate fix, the legacy ANT API will work on Android 2.1, just PM me and I can provide this. However, when developing ANT Android applications for other Android versions, it is highly recommended the new Android ANT and ANT+ APIs are used, providing better abstraction/easier development and allow for concurrently running ANT applications.