Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Device IDs

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-12-13

PM

Is there any property or something to be used when capturing events from heartrate devices that will tell me which device is dispatching the events ?

I need to connect multiple HRM devices with one Android device and i also need to know which device is sending events.

Im looking at this but there seems not to be anything that says which device the heartbeat is coming from :/      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

From any AntPluginPcc you can call these functions:

getDeviceNumber(); - Returns the ANT Device Number, most likely the one you want smile

getDeviceName(); - This name is the user's saved name if this device is saved in the user's device database, or a generated name if it isn't.

isUserRecognizedDevice(); - Returns a value indicating if this device has been saved to the user's device database.

isUserPreferredDeviceForPlugin(); - Returns a value indicating if this device is set as the preferred device for this plugin type in the user's device database.

Each instance of a PCC represents an ANT channel which is tracking (or acting as) a particular device (not including device profiles which use multiple ANT channels...).