Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Video Remote Control in Andoid

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-01-16

PM

I want to create an Android App, which is capable of controlling a ANT+ Video Camera.

As i have seen so far, the ANT+_SDK_2.0 for Android does NOT provide a VideoRemoteControl class (Only the VideoControllableDevice).

I tried to solve the problem by using the ANT_SDK_4.2, but failed because i can not use the ANT+ network key with this API. There are only 3 predefined network keys: ANT_FS, PUBLIC and INVALID.

Is there a solution for this problem ?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

The camera controls profile Android API is currently under development. We are almost at a stage that we would consider doing a beta release that you could start developing with under the understanding that the interface is still subject to change, is this something you would be interested in?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2014-01-16

PM

Yes definitely.
And: is there a roadmap available, when a stable version will be available ?      
Rank

Joined 2014-01-16

PM

When will be a version available ?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Sorry for the long time to reply, the forum update notification got missed in my email. While we don't have a firm deadline on the controls profile being included in our public release, I would expect it to be ready sometime before Spring, hopefully sooner rather than later.

PM me your email and we can get you a beta release to start using and discuss any deadline concerns you have privately.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer