Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Question about AntPlusWatchDownloaderPcc

Rank

Total Posts: 29

Joined 0

PM

Hi,
I am new to Android ANT+ SDK,
My device can download the fit file by using ANTFS PC Host.exe, does this also mean that I can download the file by using AntPlusWatchDownloaderPcc class from the ANT+ SDK?
Best regards,
tony

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hi Tony

You can use the ANT+ Plugin Sampler to try it out. The Watch Downloader Utility is one of the options.      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi arrgh,
Thanks for your reply.
I just install the Android_AntPlusPluginSampler_3-1-0.apk into my mobile phone and use the Watch Downloader Utility, my watch stay in searching connecting mode & the App in the mobile phone shows no devices found. I already checked that my mobile phone can receive the HR data from heart rate belt.
Any suggestion ?
Best regards,
tony

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

What model of watch are you trying to download from? Only certain watches support downloading via ANT. And what do you mean by 'searching connecting' mode?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi ShaneG,
The watch is developed by myself, I can use the ANT PCHost to download the files store in the watch by ANT FS protocol. I would like to use mobile phone to replace PC. However, when I use the Watch Downloader Utility to download the file in the watch, is the screen shows searching the device & no device was found.
I have no idea what to do for the next step. Any suggestion will be appreciate.
Best regards,
tony      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. Currently the watch downloader plugin only supports a select list of Garmin devices with known compatibility. There is a whitelist of ANTFS device types. We plan on updating the plugin to match the Sync Device Profile in the future which should then support other device types, but there hasn't been a lot of demand.

Also, is this watch intended as a commercial product? If it is, you should get in touch to discuss getting a reserved ANTFS manufacturer id.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Dear ShaneG,
Tes, We are currently in the certification verification process now. so, I believe we will have a reserved ANTFS id in few weeks. I would like to know that does my watch's firmware need to do any modification in order to connect with the mobile phone ?
I am looking forward to see the progress of supporting other types of device.
Best regards,
tony

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Just to clarify, new ANT+ manufacturer IDs are only issued to ANT+ Members, and are provided on request. It is normal for the manufacturing ID to be received within a couple of days after the request.

tonylu, if you are not an ANT+ Member, you can continue to use the developer ID (0x00FF). If you would like to become an ANT+ Member then see here: http://www.thisisant.com/business/go-ant/levels-and-benefits/

If you are already an ANT+ member you can use this form to request a manufacturer ID: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/tech-support/manufacturer-id-request

Kind regards,

Kat      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi,
Is any other way for me to pass by this limitation, so I can do the demo for my partners.
Best regards,
tony

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Just following up on this, I sent you a private message, did you get it?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Yes, I sent the reply to you. Thanks
Tony      
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-10-03

PM

Hi,

Is Garmin Vivofit supported by Watch downloader??

Thanks.

Pablo      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@yopablo, you should post new questions in a new thread. To answer your question though, the Vivofit is not supported by the watch downloader plugin as it currently uses a different download mechanism that doesn't use the ANT+ Sync profile. To download from the Vivofit tight now I think the only option is the Garmin Connect Mobile app.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-10-03

PM

Ok, sorry.

In fact, I opened a new question and I was redirected to this thread.

Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Is there somewhere we can refer users to so they know which watches our app will support downloading from? Some kind of table of required API version for each ANT+ watch. It will not be possible for us to keep up with all new watches that are released to know what to tell our users.

Thanks.
R      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

There isn't right now unfortunately. We plan on changing the watch plugin to support all devices that implement the ANT+ sync profile in the future, in which case it wouldn't have a whitelist anymore and would scan freely for all devices and no list would be needed.

For now, the current version of the plugin supports Garmin watches that follow the ANT+ sync profile and that's it. The next version will have at least added support for tonylu880042's watch if not all sync profile compatible devices.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer