Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

S210 to S310

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-01-26

PM

I have successfully written code for a pic 32 mx250f128d that interfaces with an n548m8cb using the asynchronous set up outlined in the interfacing with general purpose chipset guidelines. I now want to add Bluetooth functionality which I have read requires updating to the s310 soft device. I have done this but my existing code has stopped working.
Does anyone have any useful links or documents which would help me implement both protocols, i'm a bit stuck! Even just the differences between the two soft device protocols except for the fact that bluetooth and ant can be supported on the s310.

Thanks!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Are you using the network processor from the Starter Kit SDK? There is a separate binary for use on the S210 and S310 stacks.

Nordic does provide their own recommendations for doing serial port interfacing with the Bluetooth side which could be integrated, you may find one example of a question on their site here.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2015-01-26

PM

Thanks for your help. I put the s310 network processor on too but I cant find any documentation on that either!! I have it configured in asynchronous mode using uart connection and I am no longer receiving any messages back.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Just to check the versions first, these hex's should be loaded first, in this order.

S310 V2

ant_network_processor_s310.hex from n5 Starter Kit SDK V2.0

Do you have a USB Module Board? If yes, then does your module work when plugged into a PC?

Could you provide a screenshot of the UART signal lines to the chip using a protocol analyzer?

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2015-01-26

PM

Yes I had done that, Should the S310 work the same way as the S210 soft device did? or is there a particular way the ant protocol has to be initialized on it? The setup i have with a pic 32 means that i cannot use any of the sample functions, I am sending messages as described in the ant messaging protocol. It worked for sending and receiving when the n548m8cb was factory fresh. The uart transmit line is transmitting as it was before but there is nothing being received by the uart receive line, also the rts pin is not changing.
Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Just dropped you a PM.

Cheers