ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Starting with ANT Demo

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-10-12

PM

Hello at all,

I am a beginner and a little confused / overwhelmed by the options. Let me first describes the goal.

As a new developer I want to connect a HRM with the PC USB Interace board + AP1 module. As 1. step, using the ANTware, I established a connection and received the right data: fine, so it works the easy way.

The 2. step is to develop a simple PC application, again using the PC USB Interface Board + AP1 module, to receive the data from the HRM.

As 3. step I want to extend the software running on our MCU to receive and store the data from the HRM.

I have seen sample applications and sources: A sample applications for the VC++ in the ANT DLL folder, an ANT_Windows_Library_Package and an ANT+ Device Profile inc. src code for the HRM. I also installed the MS VB 2008 Express Ed.

Now my question is how to start and what to do for the 2. step? (kind of sequence of tasks)

If I try to import the project file from the sample application for the VC++ in the ANT DLL folder into VB it tells me to convert it to the actual version and after doing that it cant load the project...:(

The C++ sample application for VC++ can be used as an application to receive data from a HRM using the PC USB Interface board + AP1 module?

The C Device Profile source code can be used as an application for the MCU?

When do I need the ANT_Windows_Library_Package?

I am very thankful if anyone could help me starting with a little introduction and some instruction!!! smile
Thanks a lot!

---
Ben      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

If I try to import the project file from the sample application for the VC++ in the ANT DLL folder into VB it tells me to convert it to the actual version and after doing that it cant load the project..

You will need to use VC++ 2008 to open the project, it is not compatible with VB.

The C++ sample application for VC++ can be used as an application to receive data from a HRM using the PC USB Interface board + AP1 module?

You can modify it to do it, however, to interface with a HRM, your best bet is the ANT+ Simulator (you will find it in the ANT+ Member Zone)

The C Device Profile source code can be used as an application for the MCU?

It is intended as a reference design for your custom embedded application.

When do I need the ANT_Windows_Library_Package?

You will need this if you want to develop a custom PC application.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I use VC++ ans still got the same error.

The Frequency Agility app note is not able to be executed yet.

Even downloaded the newest version, still did not solve the problem      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The source code that accompanies the Frequency Agility demo requires Borland C++ Builder to be compiled. As long as the DLLs accompanying the binary version are placed in the same directory as the executable, the actual demo should run without needing to install any development environment.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-10-07

PM

I try to debug the source coming with the CD. I try source in CD:\\Application Notes\\ANT_AN10 - Frequency Hopping on ANT Devices\\source

When i build the ANT_Freq_Hop_Demo.bcb, i got the following error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'GALOLED.LIB'

also when i try:
\\Application Notes\\ANT_AN07 - Auto Shared Channel - Master Example\\source
Buld
[C++ Error] DeviceFrameMain.h(13): E2209 Unable to open include file 'IAgaloLED.hpp'
[C++ Error] MainForm.h(15): E2209 Unable to open include file 'IAgaloLED.hpp'
[C++ Warning] MainForm.cpp(211): W8066 Unreachable code

I use Borland C++ Builder Enterprise Ver6.0

I use VC++ 2005, VC++ 2008 for source code in VC++ folders (try all sources available in CD and DevZone).
Please advise what am i missing here?

Thanks in advance. [file name=100129.pdf size=424485]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/100129.pdf[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The Frequency Agility demo uses a 3rd party library to display the LEDs in the interface. If you are familiar with installation of 3rd party components in Borland, you can look for the IAgaloLED library, but it does not seem to be readily available anymore.

This particular demo is EOL, since the frequency agility functionality is built into the AP2. Its source code is still available as it is a good reference for the frequency agility state machine. If you want to look at the frequency agility feature, the best option is to use ANTwareII in conjunction with two AP2 modules, or the binary version of the demo that is bundled with the app note.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-10-07

PM

Hi Alejandra,

thanks for your prompt reply. how about ANT_ASC_Demo?

Could you supply us with complete source example, which is debuggable in Borland or VC++?

Thanks in advance      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The best reference code we have available to develop with ANT is included with the "ANT Windows Library Package", in the DevZone. The demo uses our latest libraries, and can be compiled with the Express version of Visual Studio.