ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Channel configuration for burst transfer

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi,

I'm currently studying the behaviour of burst transfer, but I rather confused about the channel configuration.

Q1. For the transmitter end, how many channels do I have to configure? 1 or 2? (Eg. Channel 0 for TX, channel 1 for RX OR simply channel 0 for TX will do)

Q2. Similarly, for the received end, how many channels do I have to configure? 1 or 2? (Eg. Channel 0 for TX, channel 1 for RX or simply channel 0 for RX will do)

Q3. If I need to configure 2 channels on both end, must the frequencies be different?

Q4. Must I open all the channels on both ends?

Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

To handle burst transmissions, on both ends, you only need to use one bidirectional ANT channel. For the "transmitter" end, you would configure a bidirectional master channel, and on the "receiver" end, you would configure a bidirectional slave channel. Note that since the channel is bidirectional, both master and slave can send and receive data, and either of them can initiate a burst transmission.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Thanks for your reply.

I just realized I was reading the outdated ANT protocol Rev 2.1.2, which contains an error in the configuration for Acknowledged data type, page 21, between node A & C.

It's stated they are using 2 different frequencies to communicate, which I now believed is wrong since the latest document Rev 3.1 has corrected this mistake.