Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

N5 flash process question

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I should have read the data sheets more closely AND not assumed Keil would flag invalid memory settings.
The dev kit has 32K RAM but N5 only 16K. Then even after finally realizing that, I was setting IRAM size to 4000 forgetting that 2000 was reserved with start being set to 20002000. Adjust size down - and reduced some memory usage - program loads and runs correctly!

Guess I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Hello
I'm attempting to flash an N5 module with code that was developed on Nordic PCA10028 dev board but while device appears to flash correctly using J-Link the app does not appear to run.

I used nRFgo Studio to erase which I assume from documenation should blank the device including bootloader region. I then flashed softdevice followed by my code. That sequence works on dev board but not with N5 (of course different J-Links)

I can get HRM example to load and run on both the dev board and N5. So used the device settings from it and made sure they lined up but still can't get N5 to run.

Any suggestions or guidance on where to look for possible cause(s) would be appreciated!
Thanks
Neil
      [ Edited: 16 June 2015 07:33 PM by Neil ]
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Glad to hear you were able to solve the issue smile