ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANTPlusDemo source code download

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2014-06-15

PM

Hi

I have been searching for the ANTPlusDemo source code to no avail, and require it as a reference to something I'm working on. It does not seem to be packaged in the newer SDK (which does have the .apk). I hope to load it as a project in Eclipse.

Could somebody please supply a link to the download?

Many thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi mallen,

We recommend using the new ANT+ Plugin Sampler as reference code instead. It uses the new ANT+ Plugin API which is a far more streamlined method for decoding ANT+ Data.

Best regards      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-08-25

PM

Harrison,

As an Android developer, the Sampler Demo code is a horrible example. A simple tutorial connecting to a single type of device, using Android idioms is greatly needed. The Sampler app looks like it was written as C code, then ported line by line with no documentation and barely any comments.

I've been a long time Ant+ user, and I'd really live to see it's use spread. After looking at the SDK docs, it's clear why it has not been more widely accepted.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi brycehendrix,

Thank you for the feedback. IIRC, it was intended that each Activity represents connecting to each type of ANT+ device, and that the method and class naming would help signify the purpose of each line.

While I certainly agree the SDK has not been documented nearly to the level it could be (and ANT Presentation Material should be added), but the SDK as it exists now has seen success in hackathons and workshops for developers under time constraints.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-08-25

PM

Harrison,

That presentation is definitely a good start, but I stand by my suggestion that a new sample using Android idioms needs to be completed. I've been considering re-writing a portion of the sample app using RxAndroid and possibly Kotlin.