Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How to add a PA to ANT IC?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-11-28

PM

As we know that the max RF output power is 0dBm of nRF24AP2, and +4dBm for cc257x.
if i want to prolong the maimum communication range, i need to add a PA in front of the ANT ic, as is suggested in the TECH FAQ with the topic of "What is the maxium range?". In this topic, it is said that in general ANT modules have been designed to work for 30m LOS, and it's possible to extend the range by employing a external power amplifier or linear noise amplifier.
Usually a PA IC has a TxEN and RxEN signal, which are used to control the RF path when transsmit and recieve.
since the ANT protocol is not open source for users, it's not clear when the radio is on for Tx or Rx, and when the radio is shut down. Also there's no signal or message output from ANT IC to the host application to indication the action of radio.
My question is: how can i know when to when to control the PA IC to Tx(PA enable) or Rx (LNA enable), or idle(Idle)?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

We recommend contacting Nordic or TI support respectively as they will be able to provide additional support on PA design and configuration.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-11-28

PM

Hi,

thanks for your reply, i have designed a T/R switch, when the PCB is produced, i will do some test to check if it work.

Mac