ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Handing off a background search to another channel

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2015-03-24

PM

Hi,

I've been looking for an hour or so and can't really find an example of this so... in a few doc's there are references to getting a master's full channel id info on the slave's background search channel and then opening it on a different channel (so the background search channel can remain dedicated to searching in low priority mode). But I don't see anywhere that details what the mechanics of that are? Do you just close the connection on the background channel via ANT_CloseChannel once you get the master's full info and then go through the full connect sequence of calls on the other channel or is there a way to just change the channel on the fly after it's established. Sorry if it's a dumb question but I've been looking at doc's and code for a while now and it's not really clear... thanks for and help/info you can provide....      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

As long as your search channels share the same Network Key and RF channel, ANT will concurrently search even if the channel ID's are different. For instance, if you are running a wild carded background scanning channel on the ANT Public Network Key and find a device, you may then open another Slave channel and it will concurrently search for the device and pair to it even while the background scan continues to run.

If your channels which are searching, including slave & background scanning, operate on different network keys and/or frequencies, you will have to configure Search Sharing and/or Channel Priority to manage how search time is shared between channels.

This is described in the ANT Channel Search and Background Scanning app note (search sharing is described in the ANT Message Protocol and Usage doc).