Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Decode HR Data from Garmin HRM-Swim

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-06

PM

I tried to decode HR Data from a .fit file, which was recorded by a Garmin HRM-Swim strap.
Usually this data is contained in the field record.heart_rate[bpm], but in the decoded HRM-Swim file this field is not available. Instead there are some fields like hr.filtered_bpm[bpm],...
I'm using the current version of the Fit SDK, which is v16.3.
Can anybody tell me how to access the sequence of heartrate data?
Thanks and best regards
Johannes      
RankRank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Hi Johannes,

Are you using the plugin framework? If you look in C++/C#/Java there is a plugin folder with an example. This shows how to decode a heart rate file. If you have a file containing HRM-Tri/HRM-Swim data you can run it through these examples and see the heart rate get populated onto the record messages.

-Evan      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-06

PM

Hi evan,
thanks for your answer. This solves my problem, but raises another question:
- I use to apply the FitCSVTool from the SDK to decode .fit files. This tool does not provide the sequence of HR-Data in the decoded .fit files recorded by HRM-swim. Is this intentionally? Can we expect that in future versions also the FitCSVTool will provide HR-data sequence?
Thanks and best regards
Johannes

RankRank

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Hi Johannes,

This is intentional that the FitCSVTool does not decode files requiring a plugin. We do not plan on adding this functionality to the FITCSVTool. You are free to modify the source provided in the SDK to do so for your own purposes though.

-Evan      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-03-17

PM

Hello,

have you ever test the plugin framework against a multi-session chained FIT with hr data in the first session for instance?

Looking at the code, I don't think it works....      
RankRank

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Hi Stef,

We have tested against chained-files with HRM-Tri/HRM-Swim data, if you have a file that does not work, perhaps you could attach or send it to me privately so I could see why it does not work.

-Evan      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-03-17

PM

Hi Evan,

you didn't answer my concerns about **multi-session** FIT.

Did you test against chained-files with HRM-Tri/HRM-Swim data with a multi-session FIT? I am not quite sure it it is even possible to have HRM-Tri/HRM-Swim data with a multi-session workout?

Thanks,

Stéphane      
RankRank

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Hi Stéphane,

I did not test against chained-files with HRM-TRI/HRM-Swim data with a multi-session FIT file (As i have not seen one). I don't think it would have any problems processing such a file, but if you have one and it does not work you can send it along and I can take a closer look.

-Evan      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 0

PM

Hi Johannes, I'm trying hard to map hr.filtered_bpm to record messages but to not much avail.

Are you able to help describe how this works? I'm staring at the CPP example and struggling to understand what's going on!

Best, Adrian.

johannes - 06 November 2015 08:51 AM
I tried to decode HR Data from a .fit file, which was recorded by a Garmin HRM-Swim strap.
Usually this data is contained in the field record.heart_rate[bpm], but in the decoded HRM-Swim file this field is not available. Instead there are some fields like hr.filtered_bpm[bpm],...
I'm using the current version of the Fit SDK, which is v16.3.
Can anybody tell me how to access the sequence of heartrate data?
Thanks and best regards
Johannes