Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Latest Keil MDK has different directory structure than N5 StarterKit docs[SOLVED]

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

The N5 StarterKit User Manual states (section 2.8):
"Move the entire folder n5_series from the extracted N5 Starter Kit SDK into the directory C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Device\Nordic\examples"

This directory doesn't exist in the latest MDK install. The latest MDK (V5.17.0.0), which I installed yesterday includes the very latest Nordic SDK (V10.0.0 11/09/2015!!!) in its preloaded Pack set, and installs the 'examples' branch into:
"C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Pack\NordicSemiconductor\nRF_Examples\10.0.0"

If I copy the n5_series into that directory, the examples won't build. They don't have the correct references to the Nordic directory structure. Where should I put the n5_series files or how do I correct this?

Tom
UPDATE: Solved! Section 2.6 has:
"Unzip the contents of the zip file in the following path, ensuring the directory structure in the zip file is preserved:
C:\Keil_v5\ARM\Device\Nordic
Note: This will require creating the Device and Nordic folders." (Emphasis mine)
I missed this nuance. Sorry for the alarm. My only (admittedly poor) excuse is that I had done this when trying to setup for Eclipse/gcc, but decided to try the Keil MDK and thought the Pack directory would be the SDK du jour...
Tom