ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

C/C++ API for Raspbian/Linux

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-11-15

PM

Hi all,

I am looking at writing software for a Raspberry Pi (Raspbian OS) which reads data from ANT+ devices (heart rate and cadence monitors) and displays it on screen.

I know about the python-ant library (and it's many forks on GitHub), but I was wondering if there is a C/C++ API that will work on Linux.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi David,

I've sent you a PM with a link you should find useful smile

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-12-11

PM

I am also interested in this.
I see a Windows C Lib at:
https://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/
but no Linux lib.

Where might this be and what other APIs exist for Raspbian/Linux beside the python code mentioned above.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

We are working on releasing a beta version of a Linux version of the AntLib in February. Stay tuned!      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-02-06

PM

I would also be very interested on the beta version of a Linux version of the AntLib.
We're working on an application in the agriculture area and have also the need for higher update speeds than achievable by the obviously well-known python driver (e.g. 50Hz). Also there's a need for multipe sensors...
Is there any chance to participate in an "alpha" driver test?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

We should have the beta version ready in the next couple weeks and will distribute it publicly.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2014-02-06

PM

Hi,

we're working on a new product and use the Raspberry Pi for sensor fusion; meanwhile we have a quite urgent need for a performant ANT driver for Linux.
Do you think it'll be still available in February? Just trying to figure out a solution...      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Yes, we are planning to have it ready by the end of the month.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2016-02-05

PM

Hi,

We are also developing with a raspberry and ANT+. Is there any news on the library ?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Unfortunately not quite yet. I have a PI sitting on my desk just begging me to get back to it, but some other higher priority stuff has come up in the last few weeks. Soon! Thanks for being patient!      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2014-02-06

PM

Hope it's not too late for us. I just wonder if Harrison has a link to something that could be of use.
Indeed we're looking for a Linux driver since mid of 2014...and I guess there's a huge market waiting.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Update: Linux SDK beta released! https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/6490/      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Update: AntLib SDK for Win 10 IoT on Raspberry Pi just released: https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/6512/      

Signature

Dynastream Developer