ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Help please with Garmin Varia Rearview Radar

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-06-28

PM

Hello community,

I'm very new to the Ant+ community and overwhelmed by the examples, documents, etc.
I'm strong with C#, 14yrs now. But I'm so hung up on trying to connect to the Varia Rearview Radar: https://www.thisisant.com/directory/varia-rearview-radar/

I'm just trying to pair it with my PC, read, and decipher the data. I'm so frustrated at the point that I'm willing to pay someone!!

I'm looking at the demo code from the DEMO_NET project and I'm not sure if my PC should be a slave, client, host, what channel, profile. My head is spinning.

Please help and thank you in advance.

Nick      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 639

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling a bit frustrated. The best place to start would be to read through the "Starting Your Project" section and learning a bit about the basics of using ANT channels.

However, only members of the ANT+ Alliance have early access to the ANT+ Bike Radar Device Profile and Simulator, which contain the technical details about the data transmission and tools to develop around it.      
Rank

Joined 2015-06-28

PM

Hello Mr. Ford,

I did start there but now it makes sense why I'm having troubles since ANT+ Alliance members have access to that information.

Is there a timeline or any chance it will be available to Adopters?

Thank you,

Nick      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

Hi Nick,

The ANT+ Bike Radar Device Profile is already available to ANT+ Alliance Members, and will likely be available to ANT+ Adopters in the summer time-frame. If you need it earlier, you can always upgrade your membership.      
Rank

Joined 2015-06-28

PM

Thank you BK. I'll have to wait, $1500 is too much for me right now :D
Is it against the forum rules to use the forums to hire an Alliance Member for development?      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-09-02

PM

Hello,

I also anxiously awaiting the radar profile to be available for adopters.

Is there any news about the release date ?

Thank you,

Volker      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-08-24

PM

Hi everyone.

The Radar device profile has been released for a while now. Did anybody play around with it?
I was trying to display radar information on my mobile phone. But unfortunately the ANT+ SDK does not include the Radar Device Classes :(
Do you know if its possible to get it working with a workaround or something? I'm willing to do some "dirty low level work", but I don't know where to start.

It would be nice if somebody could guide me to the right direction.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 639

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

There is a way to use the ANT Channel SDK to do the bit/byte manipulation yourself. Please contact support @thisisant.com for more information.

Cheers