Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT USB

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-10-13

PM

Is there any difference between using an ANTUSB m stick or else ANT USB2 stick.
If yes then when shall we use each of one these.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Did you try and read the data sheets that are available on the "Downloads" page https://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab .
It should be easy to answer your question yourself.

Cheers,
OMB      
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

I guess you mean software feature difference. Could you share with us what you have seen or your exact concerns?

The two USB sticks have two different USB PIDs, Occasionally, you may encounter a piece of application that only accepts one stick, but not the other.

ANTUSB2 is the older version of the two with less memory. ANTUSB-m has the newer firmware to address some advanced networking requirements. But for consumer use cases, we don't expect any observable differences.

- Thomas      
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-10-13

PM

Thanks for the help....Thomas..

I would also like to know about the ANTWARE 2 tool.
Few Questions I would like to ask :
1. If I want to connect my devices with ANTWARE how would I select the configuration for the Masters device which would be my transmitting device as I want to connect only 1 device that is the heart rate sensor nothing else.From where would I get the parameters for it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

May I simply repeat my previous post:
There's a documentation for ANTWare II on https://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/ , page "Software". Right next to the software download link.

Cheers,
OMB      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Just to add on to this thread, the parameters for say a heart rate sensor can be found in the ANT+ Heart Rate Device Profile. You could also use SimulANT+ instead to emulate the heart rate.

There are a few feature differences between the USB-m and USB2 as Thomas and OMB have mentioned. The most noticeable one would most likely be High Duty Search, which causes the average acquisition time for slave channels equal 1/2 the channel period of the master.