Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

ANTware II does not detect my device.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-03-24

PM

Hello! I have a beginner's question.

I have the Nordic NRF51-DK and I'm trying to connect it to the ANTware II software in order to implement a profile.
However, the software is not detecting the device when I connect it to the computer even though the computer is.

Can you identify the problem?

Thank you very much.

Rand.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-06-15

PM

It would help if you described what you have tried.

I'm a newbie too - but fundamentally, you need to make sure you are using the right Network Key, and Device Price settings before you initiate a communication with the device.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-04-09

PM

I have the same problem. I have installed ANTware II but it does not seem to see the nRF 51 Nordic PCA10031 dongle.
The Device Panel is empty, just a large + sign.
The dongle is not in use in other applications.

When I start Nordic nRFgo Studio it can see the dongle, shows it empty (no application, no Softdevice).

If Studio can see it why can't ANTware? Is there any firmware that needs to be loaded into the dongle? Where do I find it?

Thanks a lot,
Steve      
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

Hi Team,

AntWare II is only dedecting one of my 2 ANT+ USB Sticks.

Both are recognized by Windows 10. They are visible in Device Manager and I can heare the dingdong when inserting into USB-Slot.

But in ANTWare II (and Also Simulant) ist just recognizing one of the sticks. If I removing one ist recognizing the other… and vice versa.

So both Sticks itself are working fine but not together.

Any helps or tips? Any more Information needed?

Many Thanks and regards      
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

ok, Issue is not really solved, but its working on 2 other systems.

It seems to be an issue (maybe driver) on my first system. I will reinstall my system next time and post feedback here if this solved it.

Regards      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-12-25

PM

I am having the same issue which seems to be described here.

I am trying to run the first demo in the N5 Starter Kit User Manual, ANT IO Demo. I own a N5 Starter Kit with Dual Protocol Support.

I have programmed the N5 module on the battery board. Now when I connect the N5 module on the USB stick to my laptop and open AntWare II, no device is detected. AntWare II only has a + sign on the left column where the device should be.

I confirmed that I have .NET Framework 3.5 installed using this approach: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/wpf/app-development/how-to-detect-whether-the-net-framework-3-5-is-installed . I only have one USB dongle to try.

Has anyone solved this problem? All the demos seem to use AntWare II. Any other demos available that do not require AntWare II?      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-02-28

PM

I didn't find any other demos. So still waiting for valuable solution      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2020-10-09

PM

I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here.

Signature