Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT UWP SDK Beta - Could not connect to any device

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Using a USB dongle that works with my older ANT_NET.dll on a console application.

Download the beta SDK app for Windows 10 UWP and got it to be build. Started it and then click on START and it fails with:

------
An exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Demo_ANTFS.exe but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Could not connect to any device.

Details:

ANTLibrary Exception: No ANT devices detected: ensure an ANT device is connected to your system and try again
------

Any ideas on why it can't connect? Again, the USB dongle I'm using works great with the previous project and old ANT_NET.dlls....      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-09-04

PM

Hi pvanroos, I think the error's caused by the platform not detecting any ANT USB Stick due to missing driver. Have you tried installing the ANT_WinUSB.inf driver that's in the SDK as well? Instructions to install this are available in the readme_iot.txt in the SDK package      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

@michael.ong:

Sorry! I should've READ THE MANUAL! I'll try installing the WinUSB driver and let you know.

Is there a reason why it's not a signed driver?      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-09-04

PM

no worries, let us know if you still have problem with the lib.

The driver isn't signed because it would take over the existing signed ANT driver - i.e. hardware has the same pid, vid when devices get enumerated with usb manager, this may potentially break stuffs.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-07-15

PM

Hi, I do have the same issue as described in the original post, despite WinUSB driver IS installed. Any suggestions?