Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

D52QD2M4IA can coexist ANT+ & Bluetooth Smart?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2013-05-15

PM

Hi,

I need, for my project, to read simultaneously from different kind of HRM sensors.
Actually I can read from differents ANT+ HRM sensors without any efforts.
I need to read from Bluetooth Smart HRM also.
Is it possibile?
If yes, how?
if no, can I read only Bluetooth Smart HRM sensors? If yes, how?
Could someone help me?
Many thanks.

RankRankRank

Joined 2013-05-15

PM

I bought one D52QD2M4IA-A Digikey from Canada.
I am operate it in UART mode with an ARDUINO reading about 8 HRM concurrently.
Is there a method to kwon what kind of firmware are loaded in the module?
Could I send some command to module via UART to know it?
Thanks.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Regarding your first question, you can read concurrently from multiple ANT+ and BLE sensors concurrently, but you would have to modify the ANT Network Processor code to do so.

Concerning the firmware version, you only have access to the ANT Version command which is specified in the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document. It will specify the version of the ANT Network Processor application you are using.      
RankRankRank

Joined 2013-05-15

PM

Harrison - 17 November 2016 12:58 PM
Regarding your first question, you can read concurrently from multiple ANT+ and BLE sensors concurrently, but you would have to modify the ANT Network Processor code to do so.

Ok,
how can I modify the ANT Network Processor code to read ANT+ Sensors and BLE Sensors?
Many Thanks

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

This isn't a trivial amount of work. You would have to create your own serial API to put alongside the existing ANT commands which mapped to BLE Sensor connections. You could use the existing BLE reference designs and then map out functions which passed the data to the UART, and vice versa for controlling the BLE connection, but again, this would have to be custom work.

There is a plan to add ANT to the existing BLE Serializer, but it's written for mapping the existing nRF5 API functions over the serial connection, instead of the existing ANT Network Processor defined functions.