Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ Verification Tool and SimulANT+ Show Different Results for Same Test (MD_0013)

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-08-24

PM

Hi,

Our company is submitting a product for certification. When I performed all the test cases using the ANT+ Verification Tool v1.6.0, our product passed all tests from MD_0002 to MD_0013. However, when I use the SimulANT+ 2.0.0, our product seems to fail the MD_0013 test case.

Is there a reason that the MD_0013 test case behaves differently in two different test applications? Do we need to pass the MD_0013 test case in SimulANT+ for certification? Or are the results of the ANT+ Verification Tool enough for certification?

Btw, I read from one forum post that MD_0013 is only optional for certification? Is this true, we don't need to perform the test? The forum post is located using the link https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/6598/.

In the future, should we only use SimulANT+ 2.0.0? How about the ANT+ Verification Tool v1.6.0?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Leo

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Leo,

You should only use SimulANT+ v2.0.0 for your testing, the ANT+ Verification Tool has been EOL'd. MD_0013 is not an optional test, but supporting Data Page Requests can be optional depending on the Device Profile you are implementing.

Does your product support Data Page Requests?

Cheers,
Harrison