Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Cannot test new FitContribution metric when side loading an App

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-07-19

PM

I have been expanding on an App I developed. So I added a new metric with fitContributions. Now I would like to verify that the new metric is recording properly. I can see the new metric in Monkeygraph, but when I side load the app to my watch, the new metric does not get uploaded to Garmin Connect. I can see all the default data, HR, Distance, Time, etc., but I do not see the new metric. I am beginning to wonder if it is the case that this will only show up when I submit the App for the Publishing/Approval process. Is this true? Or do I still have a problem in my code? The Programmer's Guide makes no mention of not being able to test new metrics by side loading.      
Rank

Joined 2017-07-19

PM

Yes or No?
I'll simplify the question to receive a yes or no answer.
For testing purposes, if I side loaded a watch app which has custom metrics created with fitContributions, should the custom metrics be visible when viewing the uploaded test data from my Garmin Connect account?
Yes or No?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

This forum is for the ANT Wireless Protocol, which is likely why you haven't seen anyone step in on this question yet. The Connect IQ Forum is probably the best place to look for an answer on this question.

Regards      
Rank

Joined 2017-07-19

PM

Thank you for your reply.
I found the answer and I can assure you that 95% of my app deals with the Ant Wireless Protocol. So for the sake of completeness, I'll post the answer here.
The above answer is no. You will not see your custom metrics from an Ant device until you submit your App for the Publishing/Approval process. So for testing purposes, side loading is not an option. You must use the Monkey Graph function.