ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

D52DK2 setup

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-06-03

PM

Hello,

I have the DK52DK2 starter kit in hand. I'm following the "ANT SoC Module Starter Kit User Manual
N5DK1 & D52DK1" D00001678 Rev 1.0 (I didn't find a dedicated user manual for D52DK2)

While following the instructions, trying to load the the firmware from Keil µVision (ver 5.25.2.0) to the module according to section 3.9 in the user manual, I get the message: Error: Flash Download Failed - Cortex M4

Looking in the Nordic Devzone, seems like the application is trying to write on the SoftDevice. I tried to reconfigure the Target Memory Areas in Keil according to section 6 in the user manual but this didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Assuming that the module has been "recovered" and the SoftDevice has already been loaded, then I typically find the most common issue in Keil is setting the Debugger to the correct target as well:

In uVision, under the Title Bar:
Flash > Configure Flash Tools... > Utilities > Settings > Debug > Set Port to SW instead of JTAG
Also for convenience, go to Flash Download > Reset and Run and checkbox it so that the module resets automatically after programming.