ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

D52DK2 setup

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-06-03

PM

Hello,

I have the DK52DK2 starter kit in hand. I'm following the "ANT SoC Module Starter Kit User Manual
N5DK1 & D52DK1" D00001678 Rev 1.0 (I didn't find a dedicated user manual for D52DK2)

While following the instructions, trying to load the the firmware from Keil ┬ÁVision (ver 5.25.2.0) to the module according to section 3.9 in the user manual, I get the message: Error: Flash Download Failed - Cortex M4

Looking in the Nordic Devzone, seems like the application is trying to write on the SoftDevice. I tried to reconfigure the Target Memory Areas in Keil according to section 6 in the user manual but this didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 709

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Assuming that the module has been "recovered" and the SoftDevice has already been loaded, then I typically find the most common issue in Keil is setting the Debugger to the correct target as well:

In uVision, under the Title Bar:
Flash > Configure Flash Tools... > Utilities > Settings > Debug > Set Port to SW instead of JTAG
Also for convenience, go to Flash Download > Reset and Run and checkbox it so that the module resets automatically after programming.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-10-01

PM

I am also searching for this, I have tried a lot to set it up while repairing my phone, but I couldn't connect it properly. I just Contact Microsoft and they helped me a lot. They provide me a video that will clearly show how to actually set that IC on different devices.