Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

SD_HRM_003 HRM has Sports Mode Test.  Issues

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

Running using SimulANT+ 2.3.0 which is the latest publicly available. I am trying to test then new sports mode stuff as I head towards adding in support for Running Dynamics. I am looking at the HRM device profile 2.1

This test selected from the Heart Rate Simulator device looks to be trying to check that you set the sports mode correctly. The test is initializing the supported caps to all true and also the enabled caps to all true. This having the enabled caps set to all true looks to be in contravention of the spec.

6.6.7.2 Features Enabled
This field indicates which extended feature the heart rate monitor currently has enabled. The heart rate sensor should only
have one sport mode enabled at a time and should never enable a feature that is not supported.

My current logic gets the caps and then checks supported and enabled. I only set the mode is supported and not enabled. With the test as is I of cause fail. If I modify the test to initialize Enabled to all False then everything is good.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Thank-you for reporting this issue. It will be fixed when an updated SimulANT+ is released. In the meantime test with your modification, and reference this forum post when you submit for certification.

Ian      

Signature

Ian Haigh