Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ Android onDeviceStateChange() SEARCHING…

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-10-23

PM

Hi,

I am facing more and more frequent disconnections (SEARCHING... in onDeviceStateChange()) when using a ANT+ PowerMeter (PowerTap G3) connected to my app. I don't really see the culprit (battery, phone, powermeter, my code). It seems it depends more or less from the phone and/or the powermeter...

I also notice the disconnections appear quickly during the first seconds of first app launch, and sometimes with a relaunch of the app and a reconnection of the ANT+ sensors, there is no more disconnections...

The connection is OK between the ANT+ powermeter and a Garmin Edge 520 during the same time, so I suspect my code (which is built from the ANT+ plugin sampler example). In particular, the app tries multiple requests in a row for ANT+ sensors (power / speed / heartrate / tempe) whereas may be the good practice is to request access one by one, each time a sensor is found or not.... Any advice there ?

I would appreciate a lot if you have any testimonies about that, may be it would help me to find the issue...

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-10-23

PM

bugno - 06 January 2020 08:12 AM
Hi,

I am facing more and more frequent disconnections (SEARCHING... in onDeviceStateChange()) when using a ANT+ PowerMeter (PowerTap G3) connected to my app. I don't really see the culprit (battery, phone, powermeter, my code). It seems it depends more or less from the phone and/or the powermeter...

I also notice the disconnections appear quickly during the first seconds of first app launch, and sometimes with a relaunch of the app and a reconnection of the ANT+ sensors, there is no more disconnections...

The connection is OK between the ANT+ powermeter and a Garmin Edge 520 during the same time, so I suspect my code (which is built from the ANT+ plugin sampler example). In particular, the app tries multiple requests in a row for ANT+ sensors (power / speed / heartrate / tempe) whereas may be the good practice is to request access one by one, each time a sensor is found or not.... Any advice there ?

I would appreciate a lot if you have any testimonies about that, may be it would help me to find the issue...

Ok, after a lot of testing, it is clear: ANT+ connection stability depends of the phone. And it seems to degrade with time... It sucks. Time to implement BT and hope it is better.      

Signature