ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH Event and Polling Message not received issue

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2017-04-12

PM

Hi,

I am using SDK14.2.0 and softdevice S332V5.0.0 for nRF52832 chipset and facing below issue.
I am using Auto shared channel example.

Network 1 Master shared Channel and 30 Shared Slave Channel.

Issue 1: Some time device for EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH. after getting this event device is lost connection with Master. Pls suggest how to resolve this type issue.

Issue 2: Some time Slave device not able to receive polling message. (Note: Without Shared addres(means 0x00 shared address) message able to received. What is reason for not able to receive polling message(With Shared address Message) not able to receive by slave device. Due to this reason my burst message also failed.

Regards,
Himansu Donga      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

1) EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH indicates that the RF connection has been broken. The radio will look for the lost device for the time you have configured for the search timeout. You can either set this to never timeout, or re-open the channel when you get the event indicating it has closed because the search timed out. This will enable you to reconnect when the device moves back into range. To prevent this issue you may need to improve your antenna, increase the radio TX power setting, or move devices closer.

2) "Some time Slave device not able to receive polling message." Can you clarify what you mean by "polling message"? Are you saying certain messages are always lost, or that at certain times you are not seeing the message you see at other times? Any time the channel has dropped to search (issue 1) messages in both directions will be lost. If you are seeing drops to search, you are likely also seeing many rx failure events that indicate messages have been lost. Improving the RF link will reduce the number of rx failure events. We typically expect to see around 10% of channel periods report an rx failure event.

Are you using a one or two byte shared channel? My understanding is that sending [00][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx] is received, but some other first byte value is not.
If you are seeing that 0x00 works, but the address you expect to be working is not, then I would check that you have initialized the TX buffer correctly. See Figure 8-6 of D00000652_ANT_Message_Protocol_and_Usage_Rev_5.1.pdf. You need to send broadcast data after opening the channel to assign the shared address to the slave.

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2017-04-12

PM

Hi,

2) "Some time Slave device not able to receive polling message." Can you clarify what you mean by "polling message"?
Ans: 0x00 Shared address means broadcast message.
other than 0x00 value first byte is polling message.

If Device 1 and it shared address 0x01, Means first byte 0x01 is polling message, if first byte is 0x00 is broadcast message.

Are you saying certain messages are always lost, or that at certain times you are not seeing the message you see at other times?
Ans: Means Device is connected with Master channel and getting both type message broadcast and polling, but some time only able to get broadcast message not able to get polling message.

Any time the channel has dropped to search (issue 1) messages in both directions will be lost. If you are seeing drops to search, you are likely also seeing many rx failure events that indicate messages have been lost. Improving the RF link will reduce the number of rx failure events.
Ans: Any suggestion or solution for improving RF link using Firmware.

We typically expect to see around 10% of channel periods report an rx failure event.

Are you using a one or two byte shared channel?
Ans: Yes, I am Use One byte shared address.

My understanding is that sending [00][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx][xx] is received, but some other first byte value is not.
If you are seeing that 0x00 works, but the address you expect to be working is not, then I would check that you have initialized the TX buffer correctly.
Ans: I ahve verify and do correctly.

Let me know any query or suggetion.

-regards,
Himansu      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Increasing the radio transmission power if it is not already at the max setting is the only suggestion I can offer for reducing the number of RX failures in software.

"Are you saying certain messages are always lost, or that at certain times you are not seeing the message you see at other times?
Ans: Means Device is connected with Master channel and getting both type message broadcast and polling, but some time only able to get broadcast message not able to get polling message." -> How does the sometimes behave? Is it consistent after turning on a slave, or intermittent for that slave after turning it on. So for a given slave device assigned for example as shared address 1 the reception is:

1) device off - device turns on - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 1 - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 2- Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 1 - Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 2 - Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 3 - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 3 - Fail to receive 0x01 Pole message 4

or

2) device off - device turns on - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 1 - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 2- Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 1 - Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 2 - Receive 0x00 Broadcast message 3 - Receive 0x01 Poll message 3 - Fail to receive 0x01 Poll message 4      

Signature

Ian Haigh