ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

USB stick2 close to working on my android phone, but still not

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Recently I got one CYCPLUS U1 dongle, tried to insert into my Honor V20 phone, the behavior is so close to working, but still not yet. So I'd like to raise up a question here in case you guy experts may help me out.

Honor V20 official build number: 10.1.0.172
Android version: 10
Kernel version: 4.14.116
Security patch level: Nov 1, 2020
Magic UI version: 3.1.0

All ANT service components download and install from google play store:
ANT Radio Service: 4.16.00
ANT USB Service: 1.5.2
ANT+ Plugins: 3.8.10      
Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

ANT tester shows a bit weird status.
1. If I uninstall all the ANT service components, right after reinstall them all (for sure confirm the "Open ANT USB service when this USB device is connected?" dialog after inserting the dongle), the ANT tester will tell the Built-in firmware as BLJ06.01.01, and no "lock" icons show any permission issue.

ANT tester result:

ANT Capable Yes
Built-in ANT detected: No
USB On-The-Go support: Yes
ANT USB Service installed: Yes

ANT support version info
Build-in firmware: BLJ06.01.01
ANT HAL service: Not found
ANT Radio Service: 4.16.00
ANT USB Service: 1.5.2
ANT+ Plugins: 3.8.10

USB Devices:
DeviceID: 2002
VendorID: 4047 (0xfcf)
ProductID: 4104(0x1008)
ManufacturerName: CYCPLUS
ProductName: ANT USBStick2
DeviceName: /dev/bus/usb/002/002
Version: 1.00

With app like IPSensorMan I was able to search and find ANT+ sensors of Speed / Cadence, Power meter...But never succeeded to read data from those sensors.

2. After the "semi-success" steps in above section, if I run ANT tester again, the Built-in firmware version would be missing and show "No", and 2 "lock" icons would show after the 2 lines:
"Built-in firmware: No"
and
"ANT Radio Service: 4.16.00".
And it stops the capability to search and find any sensor.
(This fault situation will continue untill I uninstall all ANT service components and re-install them all, and things repeat as section 1 above).
If I tap on the "lock" icon, the dialog would popup showing "Error: Permission > Additional permission > use ANT hardware". I tried to grant the permission to USB Radio Service, but it says "No permissions" in the app permission setting, let alone "Aditional permission". There is "VIEW ALL PERMISSIONS" showed below, tap on it would show screen:
OTHER
Access Bluetooth Settings
Control vibration
Full network access
Pair with Bluetooth devices

All these look like it's still permission issue ? Any one could help me out ? God, I was so close to success.

Thank you all in advance!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2010-10-25

PM

IpSensorMan finding stuff with a search will be using the direct channel API's not the Plugins API's. Once trying to get real data it will default to going through the plugins api's. There is an option in the setting to switch the plugins api's off and fall back to the old code that existed before the plugins api was made for some of the sensor types.      
Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

ifor - 08 January 2021 09:34 AM
IpSensorMan finding stuff with a search will be using the direct channel API's not the Plugins API's. Once trying to get real data it will default to going through the plugins api's. There is an option in the setting to switch the plugins api's off and fall back to the old code that existed before the plugins api was made for some of the sensor types.

Great to hear that, ifor.
If I understand it correct, you are talking about the issue IPsensorMan can search and find sensor but not able to read data ? I'll give it a try.
There is still a more critical issue, it can only work for one time after installation, then it would not even be able to search and find sensor any longer, let alone reading data      
Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

Now that its not every time I reinstall all it would work. Actually I need to try (reinstall all) many times and occasionally one case successful (Ant tester recognise the built-in firmware and IPsensorMan search and find sensors)      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-01-06

PM

Stesso problema di fotosir, la device usb ant+ cycplus non rileva nessun sensore ant+, ho la certezza che funziona, perché lo uso anche su pc windows 10. Allego le schermate del ant tester. Possibile che non si trova una soluzione??
Cellulare huawei mate 9 , android 9.      

Image Attachments

per_thisisant_1.jpgper_thisisant_2.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

xhixh - 18 January 2021 02:42 PM
Stesso problema di fotosir, la device usb ant+ cycplus non rileva nessun sensore ant+, ho la certezza che funziona, perché lo uso anche su pc windows 10. Allego le schermate del ant tester. Possibile che non si trova una soluzione??
Cellulare huawei mate 9 , android 9.

Your screen shot is almost the same as mine, but for the 2nd screen shot, mine still shows the USB stick info following all the info in your picture, while your picture shows the same info as upper half section of mine      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

It has been previously found that this brand of USB stick is not fully functional
https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7293/
https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7375/      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

haighi - 25 January 2021 01:33 PM
It has been previously found that this brand of USB stick is not fully functional
https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7293/
https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7375/

Thank you haighi.
One thing Im wondering, why it works pretty fine with Windows? Android is using the dongle in a different way?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Both of those other issue reports are on windows.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2021-01-05

PM

haighi - 27 January 2021 10:20 AM
Both of those other issue reports are on windows.

But it works pretty fine with my zwift on windows, power meter as well as the integrated cadence sensor inside the meter. I've got their latest firmware in the dongle.